artery disruption/cervical sponylosis..causes??

Options
scoobiedoo
scoobiedoo Member Posts: 24
Hi I am 42 and recently diagnosed with cervical spondylosis..acute onset(have history of 1 severe whiplassh in94 and two more in 97 and 98) with dizziness and nausea and pressure like pain/stiffness in neck. limited movement...awaiting mri scan before I can have any further treatment ie physio..due to underlying disability(crps in left leg and lower back probs from rta in 94)..dr has given me muscle relaxents wihch have just started but seem to help(buscopan) taken at nite as make me drowsy..been doing exercises as suggested by physio..and still getting nausea/dizzziness when doing these..can you tell me when an artery is involved..why this happens and what can cause this..?? Any other ideas on treatments to help with this..I have not passed out but have some very close to..have had these symptoms for 8 wks now with little improvement..

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,613
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello there,

Managing acute episodes when your neck is severely affected must be very difficult for you to manage. I'm unlikely to be able to say anything very definite here - it's a really complicated technical subject and we are not medically qualified.

It would take a doctor to be able to explain the causes of the blood supply involvement in some people with neck problems. I would imagine in your case it may not yet be a definite diagnosis of that given that the MRI scan has not yet been done. I think I've heard that during those detailed scans that they see the condition of the blood flow.

For many people experiencing flare ups in the neck, there are times when the acute pain can make them feel dizzy, so that may have a role.

I'm attaching some information on neck pain
    http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis_information/arthritis_types_and_symptoms/neck_pain.aspx

If you'd like to talk about your arthritis you are welcome to ring us.

I hope that is helpful
    Guy
  • scoobiedoo
    scoobiedoo Member Posts: 24
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Guy..many thanks for your post..i understand it can be complex re artery..so best wait to see what the scan shows.. I have never had a flare up like this before..usually bit of pain and stiffness in neck that resolves with rest and pain killers/heat/cold after a day or so..certainly not had the dizziness or nausea or this sort of pain..which as you can imagine is a concern..tryig not to worry and just wait and see what the results are.. also to confirm or rule out CS..:-)..muscle relaxants are helping but stil stiff in my neck and range of moton no different..still dizziness etc..hohum..lol

quote="helpline_team"]Hello there,

Managing acute episodes when your neck is severely affected must be very difficult for you to manage. I'm unlikely to be able to say anything very definite here - it's a really complicated technical subject and we are not medically qualified.

It would take a doctor to be able to explain the causes of the blood supply involvement in some people with neck problems. I would imagine in your case it may not yet be a definite diagnosis of that given that the MRI scan has not yet been done. I think I've heard that during those detailed scans that they see the condition of the blood flow.

For many people experiencing flare ups in the neck, there are times when the acute pain can make them feel dizzy, so that may have a role.

I'm attaching some information on neck pain
    http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis_information/arthritis_types_and_symptoms/neck_pain.aspx

If you'd like to talk about your arthritis you are welcome to ring us.

I hope that is helpful
    Guy[/quote]