Update on efforts re return to work

Options
speedalong
speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
Hi, well what a run around I have had today trying to sort out this return to work malarky!!

I eventually tracked down a working number for the Job centre plus and after ringing up twice - the Disability chap rang me back. He reckoned I was covered by DDA, gave me contact details for Access to work and for ACAS.

I then rang my union and asked to speak to the equalities officer - evidently they don't have one!! They were going to get someone to ring me back - am still waiting. Thought to be fair, I have been on the phone quite a bit.

I rang ACAS they said I should chase up OH and contact head about if things not in place, and if head not prepared to pay me to stay off until things are inplace, I could take out a grievance ... which of course I don't want to do.

I then tried tracking down OH. Basically after several phone calls to HR and OH dept at a hospital on other side of city discovered no where had any record of my heads referral! Re contacted lady at the hospital as she had a cancellation both this Wed and next Wed and said I could self refer - which rightly or wrongly and in the absence of advice from the union - I have done! The appointment is for tomorrow at 2 30 and should last 45 mins - which means I should be able to get home in time for S (and means I wont have to take him with me next week ... which would be horrendous.) If they are running late and I need to leave, that is fine.

Then rang Access to work and they are filling in some forms following my telephone call and will send them out for me to sign.

No wonder people don't go back to work - what a load of hassle!!

Speedy
I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi speedy :D

I'm sure this is helpful for other peeps to read, even though you had to do all the chasing about trying to get things moving!

I've answered your post on LWA about the outcome of your meeting with OH on Wednesday and then your boss yesterday. :wink:

good to read that progress is being made. :D:D

Iris xxxx