Off to India

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 30. Oct 2010, 15:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello Everyone

I hope you're all doing OK. I haven't got round to reading all the posts, I'm afraid.

Been very busy lately and missing you all lots. I haven't even been able to come online during lunchbreaks because I want to get away from my computer! We're still being told what to do by people who get paid far too much but there's going to be another "restructure" in senior management - i.e. they're changing the managers again and probably increasing everyone else's workload hoping we won't notice. So it's only going to get busier.

But anyway! Tomorrow, me and my lovely family are off to India for two weeks! Our flight is in the afternoon and my mum and dad are coming with us too. We're going to stay with our families in the villages in the north but also visit some big cities and do a bit of sightseeing. I'm SO glad we're getting away, I've never needed a holiday more!

I think everything is going to change at work while I'm away, but do you know what? I don't care!!!

See you all when I get back,
Nina XXXXX

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have a lovely time, Nina, all of you! Forget about work while you are away!

Annie
    xx
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi Nina

I hope you and your family have a lovely time. India is a place that I have always wanted to go and visit sometime.

Fxxx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    sounds lovely, i hope you and your family have a lovely time and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
    enjoy your time away and forget about work totally!
    sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Have a wonderful wonderful time Nina.

Look forward to seeing you when you come home.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I wish you all the most wonderful time Nina. Your gorgeous girlies will learn so much from this trip.

Fire Service..........What Fire Service?............Much love........Ange.x.
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Have a wonderful time and forget about work. What happens will happen.

Keep smiling, Carol :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Nina
    You have a lovely holiday,have your daughters been to India before, what a lovely treat for you all.
    I am sure you will come back ready to face anything.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
    Options
    Hi Nina and famliy.
    have a lovely time you all need it.
    se you when you have recharged your batteries.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • ninakang
    Options
    You are all SO lovely, feel a bit tearful! (must be something in my eye!)

My daughters have been to India before (I forget who asked that, sorry) but it was 6 years ago and they were very little. They'll have a FAB time, plenty of other children for them to play with.

Just logging off and finishing now. I'm SO excited, I really can't wait!!

Lots of Love
    Nina XXXXX
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Ninaking

I expect you will be back from your holiday when you read this.
    My daughter is going to India too with the two children. She loves it and so does my grand daughter
    The people are lovely. When my daughter went to India long before the children were born, she was mistaken for Sharon Stone (just after 'that' film was made) She would be sitting on the beach and everyone kept coming up and wanting to touch her blonde hair.
    She was married to her first husband, who was half Indian and he was mistaken for Ben Kingsley, who played Gandi. I'm not joking, but people were bowing to him.She has remarried now. One of the pictures I have painted of my granddaughter when she was 18 months was whilst she was on the beach in her lovely white cotton dress.
    Yes, I think you will come back very memorised.

Joy
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Have a great holiday, Nina. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it on your return, and also seeing all your photos. Love to you, Sunny and the children.

Joan xxx
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    have a great time
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Nina

Have a great time won't you ? Been awol but just seen it.

Well the weather should be nice I expect.

See you when you get back

Love Trish xxxx
  • ninakang
    Options
    Hello all

This is my absolute last post before I leave for the airport. Just wanted to say thanks for all your messages and I'm going to miss you all loads. I've made some really good friends on here and I love the fact that I can be away for a while but come back and it's like nothing has changed :D

Lots of love
    Nina XXXXX
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Bye bye safe journey Nina!

we will all be here when you get back

Love

Toni xx g045.gif
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Have a wonderful time Nina - enjoy every single second so that when you come home to all the doom and gloom you havel memories of the wonderful life experience you had whilst out there.
    Love Kate x
  • ninakang
    Options
    I'M BACK!!!! Did you all miss me?

We landed yesterday lunchtime and have just recharged. I'm not back at work till Tuesday and refuse to look at any work emails until then :D I haven't thought about work once and won't until Tuesday, I've decided!

We had a lovely time but two weeks is more than long enough to spend with my mother in law :shock: We visited all our families over there - had a particularly tearful moment when I recognised a cousin who I hadn't seen in 30 years!! We visited Chandigarh and Jalandhar, some beautiful gardens and a theme park (not QUITE on the same level as Alton Towers, but the girls had fun). It feels a bit strange to be back still but I'm looking forward to some more relaxing before I get back to work.

So how have you all been? Someone give me some highlights, please! I can't read all these posts!

Nina XXX
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Nina its lovely to have you back, I am glad you have had a good time, it is somewhere I would love to visit.
    One thing you need to know is that the forum is closed on the 4th Nov (don't worry its only an update ) :)
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Nina

Welcome back :!: :!: :D:D Yes, we did miss you!!

welcomehomeconfetti-1.png

It sounds as though you've had a wonderful time. Looking forward to seeing all the photos :!: :D

Love to you and the family

Joanxxx
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    Options
    Thank you - didn't know this was closed on 4th - is it just the forums or is it the whole website?

Joan - you may regret asking to see photos - we have taken over 200, including the ones where Simie got the camera and took photos of herself pulling faces :D

Nxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    welcome back Nina sounds as if you have had some lovely family moments x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx