Pelican's Lunch

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 16. Oct 2010, 12:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey All

We get the Daily Express every day and today had a picture of a Pelican that had deicded a poor pigeon was its lunch. Apparently the thing came back twice from being swallowed and then when it came up a third time the pelican opened its mouth and loads of people were willing it to fly out...The poor mite was exhausted and was a goner in a few seconds....
I know its only nature but i felt for the pigeon, didnt know pelicans ate them, not sure why, thought they were more of fish eaters!!

Elainex

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Elaine :(

The poor wee thing :(

I thought they ate fish too :? mind you I am easily confused :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the daily express please no!!, it's a paranoid hate filled rag similar to the Daily mail but one that is obsessed with Lady Diana, Madeline MaCann travellers(now that I can understand) and the weather, I don't trust anything I see or read these days, we are all brain washed and run by panic and fear of the unknown and all the papers and western news media are driving it.
    What really worries me is that ITV news the other night was on about Iran and it's nuclear processing facilities, they had big colour spy satellite images before and after construction showing how the have hidden them, and they were also discuss exactly how the US and us could attack them, maybe israel could do it etc, remember the last Irag invasion, Colon Powell standing up in the white house with all the snazzy images of WMD mobile processing labs and remote storage site etc, none were real but the press played along with it, and we all fell for it, nope wont trust anything they print.
    We are news rich but truth and content poor these day's.,
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    Pelicans have a see food diet.....

They see food........and they eat it.........

Anything that moves is food to them shovel mouthed birds......

Rob x

c060.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    You feel better after that???? Jeez!!!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Toni

Oh i really felt for the poor mite....Ive never seen a pelican eat another bird before???

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Oh no shouldve seen that one coming (groan)...

Well i hope it got dam bad indijestion!!!

Elainex
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    And they are bad on roads.......

Thats why they have Pelican Crossings.....

c060.gif
    Roba045.gif