eletric uprade

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 18. Oct 2010, 06:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi everyone went to use my shower tonight and it would not work, earlier in the week the hydro electric came by as they had to install a new fusebox and another smoke alarm, and took of our outside light and so we not got an outside light at the moment, anyway i can live and adapt without moth things for a little while but not because someone has done there job properly, i live in a council house and it was all thier idea and said all this needed doing, but it really upset my son and that i got though just about but this is the last straw.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Check that both of the circuit breakers for the shower are in the 'on' position as they may not have been set properly. They are most likely on a separate small box close to the new fuse panel.

Or they may not have rewired it yet, as showers have a totally separate circuit due to high power use.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • only49
    Options
    everything seems to be switched on but shower will work but it only if you want cold showers as it heats its own water, it has a switch outside the bathroom door, heater in bedroom is not working and i not sure if the storage heating working, one heater has one of those red lights on the switch and i cant see it working so far.
  • only49
    Options
    checked everything again hot water on and working light and everything else but no heating and electric heating for the shower
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    checked everything again hot water on and working light and everything else but no heating and electric heating for the shower
    Storage heaters and showers have their own separate circuits, so they may not have been connected yet even though the rest of the power is on.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif