Hello

Options
pepperflo
pepperflo Member Posts: 91
edited 22. Oct 2010, 11:27 in Say Hello Archive
Hi Everyone

I would just like to say "Hello" I'm a married mum of 2 grown up children, and a Nana to a Granddaughter who is 16 months old. I was diagnosed with RA at the beginning of this year, even though I have been suffering in pain a lot for the last 6 years with one thing or another.
I've had to frozen shoulders, had two operations on both of them, the first lot worked and got full movement back in my right arm, but the second lot have failed so have limited movement in my left arm. I have Spondilitis in my neck, and now I've been diagnosed with Ra, even though we are all in the same boat and in a lot of pain, I was thankful for the diagnosis now I can put a name to my pain.
I've just recently been referred to a Rheumatoligist who has now started me on Quinitoc, so just waiting for them to have some affect.
I had a steroid injection in Aug I could have run a marathon after, but it has now worn off, so back to struggling to get up and get moving in the mornings, and last thing at night.
I'm looking forward to sharing and reading each others experiences and tips with combatting this pain, that controls our lives.

Comments

• carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome Pepperflo

Sorry to hear about your pain.

Looking forward to seeing you post - you will be able to give alot of advice and support to people as well as receiving it.

Have a good weekend.

Keep smiling, Carol :lol:
  • pepperflo
    Options
    Hi Carol

Thank you for your kind words, I'm looking forward to joining in with the forum, and get advise and support when I need it, as well as trying to give it.
    There is nothing worse than being in pain. I find mine worse in the mornings and at night, where I can't sleep. We have a spare room that comes in very handy esp when my Husband is on the early shift, so I don't disturb him I go in the other bedroom armed with dvd's and plenty of books.
    I have a fantastic family that support me, and I find I'm not on my own for too long each day, as my Daughter comes down every day and my Son is here in the eves, so this helps my Husband and gives him piece of mind when he is at work, as I have had a few falls recently, and struggle to lift heavy things ie the kettle or pans, they also help with what housework I haven't managed to do.
    I don't think people who don't have RA understand just what our days entail, what is a normal day for them can be a long hard struggle for us.
  • pepperflo
    Options
    let me know and I'll pm (personal message) you the link to one that I know offers good advice. [/quote]

Hi Dorcas

Could you please send me the details of the link, and I will take a look at it. I think I'm nervous because I've never had to do anything like this before, thanks x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi pepperflo.... I've sent you the link in a PM (personal message)

you can pick up pm by clicking on the link at the top ' Your Messages' and it will open up your pm box.... works a bit like e-mail and is confidential to you.

Iris xxx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Pepperflo and welcome from me too - a fellow "RA traveller".

Sorry you are struggling so much but glad you have found us. I have found it so helpful to be able to share with others in a similar situation and hopefully you will too.

Lood forward to seeing you posting.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello pepperflo
    I love the name, just to say a very warm welcome from me, you have come to the right place, the people on here are so supportive, so if you have any questions post them in LWA, and when you are ready come and join us in chit chat,we are a bit mad but it does help.
    I hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Pepperflo

I like your name :) Where does it come from??

and sorry to sound silly jut I have never heard of the medication I googled it and guess what? I got this post of yours!!

Sorry welcome from me too

Love

Toni xx