What talents would you like to possess?

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 18. Oct 2010, 08:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

What talents would you like to possess if you could choose :?:

I would like to be able to play a musical instrument, mainly the piano.

I would like to be able to speak another language fluently, instead of my very rusty French.

I would love to be able to dance really well ( any kind of dancing, but mainly ballet )

Joan :D
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    To be able to sing in tune lalalalalal tum te tum...tone deaf and speak different languages oh la la :):):):):):)
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh, if only I could sing and paint........could do both at the same time!

Annie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Contortionist.

b0201.gif

You have the talent to make me laugh :!: :lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Like Annie I would love to sing, my mother was a singer but i am tone deaf :roll: and I would love to paint , I have had a go thanks to Joy, but I'm not very good...well not yet..i live in hope. :)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie

I think we had this conversation before love, but everyone can paint if they gave it a try. You don't have to paint with a brush either. Get some acrylic and a pallette knife and start from there. You can get some great effects. If you make a pattern say, then just flick some paint over what you have done, hey presto, you have a masterpiece, just like that. No, honestly, give it a try maybe, but never say can't.

Love from Joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    As for what other talent I would like to be good at, yes, the piano. I can just about 'tinkle' out some tunes and play one piece of music, but I think, with some music lessons, it would all come back to me, except my arthritic hands and wrists would hold me back.

And I have my Aunt's piano in the dining room behind me.

Well the evenings are getting dark so I won't be able to paint then. I might give it another go.
    Joy
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie

I think we had this conversation before love, but everyone can paint if they gave it a try. You don't have to paint with a brush either. Get some acrylic and a pallette knife and start from there. You can get some great effects. If you make a pattern say, then just flick some paint over what you have done, hey presto, you have a masterpiece, just like that. No, honestly, give it a try maybe, but never say can't.

Love from Joy

Hey, Joy, we did have this conversation before and I have now just realised what the problem is! 'Tis me.........when I say art I mean, well, art........an artistic representation of something a person, a place, fruit, flowers, sunsets, whatevers.
    Coloured splodges on a piece of paper may well be art to others but to me they are just that.....coloured splodges.

I've never understood 'modern' or 'abstract' art and I once looked at an Impressionist painting upside down for 10 minutes wondering what the hell it was all about. Admittedly it had been hung upside down, but I should have spotted the signature was in the wrong place and upside down long before 10 minutes was up!

I have to face the fact that I'm just an artistic Philistine......and let you and Joseph and all those who can continue to delight me with their talents. (But I still wish I could paint).

Annie
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    I've always wanted to play the harp-lovely music :)
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    I'd love to have any creative or artistic talent. :|

but I do enjoy hearing or seeing the talent in others. :D

Iris x
  • joyful164
    Options
    I have to face the fact that I'm just an artistic Philistine......and let you and Joseph and all those who can continue to delight me with their talents. (But I still wish I could paint).

Annie

Hi Annie

sorry for being AWOL. I have been absorbed in a painting which is not going so well at the moment. You are not an artistic Philistine. I do not understand loads of Modern art. AndI cannot understand the millions of pounds being paid for some of it. If, say, people started recognising my name and liked the painting I do, and buy it, then I could probably start changing my style and going for rubbishy modernistic art and then people would still buy it. I'd be happy for just a hundred here or there.
    What I was trying to explain was 'experimenting with some paints and some brushes. Experiment with the way you hold the brush. There is a brush that is so exciting and it is called a sword brush.

I can go on forever once I get on my bandwagon. You will think I am lecturing. I think the only atistic thing I am going to do for the rest of the day is sleep. Everything has caught up with me this last few days plus having the flu jab so I will come back and talk art to whoever wants to another day.

Joy