It could be a Black Wednesday ( D.L.A. )

Options
dorcas
dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
edited 19. Oct 2010, 07:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
There's no end to what this government is doing.... can't wait now to see what happens on Wednesday.:shock: :x ..
maybe they'll go the whole hog by removing the mobilty component of DLA and scrapping the motability scheme too :roll:

Iris x

Comments

• dorcas
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Alan,

This government is pushing so many of us to the edge... I for one would welcome/ join some organised demonstration about the impact this is having on disabled peeps.

we live in a strange world where people will protest and sign petitions and organise themselves so as to attract media attention... for an X factor contestant!!!:shock:
    but stay mute and disorganised and ignore hugely influential and damaging govt policies. :roll:

Iris x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Oh dear, I hope they are not going to change the criteria again for the carers bit. I had the motability section taken off me earlier this year and now I have received a letter from Northamptonshire County Council telling me that there is to be an audit on all the private pensions of those who are receiving any pension at all. Mine is very small in any case. Hope they don't say i am getting too much.

Just how much can we take. I know cuts have to be made but it's like this gov is cutting everyone's throat. Is there a pun in there somewhere.

Joy
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I just got my award and was sourcing a new car. Should I wait or should I beat the new rules quick?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Looking around the online news sites, the DWP are very busy planting more stories about benefit fraud and implying that all severely disabled people are running around football pitches, playing golf and are thus fit for work.

I have already made comments on some of these. If you don't do the same, you will get trodden underfoot on Wednesday. It is free to make comments on these sites, do it now or we will all be losers.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dorcas
    Options
    well said Joseph!

iris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Folks

Joseph is so right - get busy helping if you can - we have to do what little we can.

Love

Toni xx