Sticky Fingers

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 18. Oct 2010, 06:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All

I shouldnt laugh but hey why not? This morning dad noticed plastic hinge on toilet, it had a hairline crack...So he took it off and went into kitchen...I was on here and didnt know what were happening....About 10 mins later mum;s saying "we might have to take you to hospital"??? It turns out the silly burger had gotten some locite glue to fix hinge, some had spilled out and gone over his fingers...While he was trying to glue crack the glue had worked its way between two fingers and it had started to stick his fingers together.....He were a bit frantic then eventualy had to take loads of hair off his hands n fingers and its even gotten into his ring too....

I couldnt help but laff...

Elainex

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    nail polish remover is good at getting it off fingers if caught quickly and fairy liquid

hope your dad is unstuck now
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    been there meself, had a big tub of the stuff spit glue all over my hand, I use quite a lot of the stuff for making radio controlled aircraft so the stuff I have is really powerful, so much so it started to really burn me hand so I had to stick it under a tap, but on the up side I have a release agent for it, it still took me a good few hours to free me flipper though!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Coco

I did actually suggest that but he has been rubbing away at his hands on and off most of day....He is unstuck but ring is still holding onto last of it....!

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Delboy

Oh there is a special magic is there if worse scenario occurs?

Your friend was lucky as in the insurance company paid out...Sometimes even though there is a good reason for such a thing companies dont always see sense...Glad youre friend did get a good outcome.

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi there Mellman

Well i suppose it easy done when youre in that scenario and making stuff then before you know it...OOPPSS...youre stuck!! On the serious side i bet it can burn you like hell?
    My dad often does daft things...Another time he was cutting up a turnip with big sharp knife...Next minute there's a yelp from kitchen and i went in and he's sat under breakfast bar...Wouldnt say a word and had hand wound up tight with a towel...Eventually bundled him into mini and still not a drop of blood in sight...He came out 2 hrs later after nearly passing out, it had gone right to bone but he had held it so tightly mustve dont some good....It didnt dampen his appetite as he still ate his tea mind!!

Elainex
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Ha this brings back memories:
    When I was at uni we often posted all-nighters in the studio making architectural models with superglue. Late nights and glue are not a good a good combination numerous accidents happened but the worst was a guy who stuck his hand to the table and we couldn't release it for love nor money ..... It's really hard to find release agent at 2.30am!!! we couldn't take him to the hospital as the table wouldn't go through the door, in the end we had to call an ambulance.
    Chrissie[/list]
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI

Lol....Uni students doing all nighers, superglue and no doubt a wee tad of alcohol too...Dangerous mixture!!!

Nice one!

Elainex