So fed up

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 18. Oct 2010, 09:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all,
I try really hard not to let the damned 'Arthur' get me down but today it as good as laughed in my face.
As some of you may know Hubby got himself a new motorbike which I was quite 'alright' about. Well he has been out on it a couple of times to get used to it and today he actuall said to me about getting on the back. So there I am all 5 foot 4 of me trying to lift my leg high enough to get on. That did not work. So we ended up with him holding the bike upright and me climbing into his seat. Well that took a bit of doing but we got there. Then i otched my bum up to the pillion which was fine but I could not bend my ankles, knees or hips enough to get my feet on the back pegs. I could have cried- yet another thing that the damned'Arthur' has stopped me enjoying and yet another thing it has stopped us enjoying together. I'm so fed up I could cry which as some of you know just isn't me. It is so unfair. :x :x :x :x :cry::cry::cry:
Sorry spleen vented now just going to feel sorry for myself for the rest of the night. :(:(:(

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 17. Oct 2010, 11:51
    Options
    im sorry about your day, it is so frustrating when you realy want to do something and find it impossible, id love to get back on the back of a bike but like you i cant.

hugs xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    katekelly wrote:
    Hi all,
    I try really hard not to let the damned 'Arthur' get me down but today it as good as laughed in my face.
    As some of you may know Hubby got himself a new motorbike which I was quite 'alright' about. Well he has been out on it a couple of times to get used to it and today he actuall said to me about getting on the back. So there I am all 5 foot 4 of me trying to lift my leg high enough to get on. That did not work. So we ended up with him holding the bike upright and me climbing into his seat. Well that took a bit of doing but we got there. Then i otched my bum up to the pillion which was fine but I could not bend my ankles, knees or hips enough to get my feet on the back pegs. I could have cried- yet another thing that the damned'Arthur' has stopped me enjoying and yet another thing it has stopped us enjoying together. I'm so fed up I could cry which as some of you know just isn't me. It is so unfair. :x :x :x :x :cry::cry::cry:
    Sorry spleen vented now just going to feel sorry for myself for the rest of the night. :(:(:(

I had this conversation last night with a fellow Scooterist with a knee replacement. We just cannot get comfortable, well I can't get on at all as restricted mobility! We were joking about the leaning the bike over, the jiggling to get on and our poor partners balancing the bike and us too. So I do understand as cannot go on any of the rallies anymore.
    Sob Sob too....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Oh Kate

Bless you :(

This is not our Kate :(

HUGE hugs from me and you get on to Del - he WILL put you right - you will get on that bike and you and your hubby WILL have a great ride out :wink:

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Kate
    I am sorry you have not been able to enjoy going out on the bike, l am sure there are things you can have fitted, go to your nearest motorbike shop, and see what they say.
    Good Luck
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Try not to feel sorry for yourself Kate because arthur will have won again .....we have to laugh in it's face and find a way round it...... not always easy I know.

Cheer up chicken.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Kate

Awe hubby used to have one. Well when they rev it you get a lot of vibration as well. Unless they are different now. When he went up hill i nearly slide off the back.

How about a motor bike with a side car any help :shock:

No this arthur is horrible you don't realize just how much it takes away from you do you?

I'm sorry to hear this Kate.

Trish xxx
  • katekelly
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    If you really want to get on the back send me a PM and I can get you some adaption advice.

Thanks Delboy I've pm'd you.
    Kate x
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    i really hope there is something that makes it possible for you to enjoy going out on the bike again, good luck with it kelly
  • katekelly
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Kate

Awe hubby used to have one. Well when they rev it you get a lot of vibration as well. Unless they are different now. When he went up hill i nearly slide off the back.

How about a motor bike with a side car any help :shock:

No this arthur is horrible you don't realize just how much it takes away from you do you?

I'm sorry to hear this Kate.

Trish xxx

Thanks for the thought Trish - I've spent a few hours in sidecars in my time and the problem isn't getting in but getting out!! I can't take any weight on my wrists as they are locked and so can't lever myself out. Now perhaps if we could rig up a portable block and tackle ....any ideas folks?
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    oh kate, there has to be something to help.
    i'm an ex biker and so i to understand how frustrating it is.
    i would say get some advice, a bike shop i'm sure could help, go to be worth a try i say!
    good luck, don't let arthur beat you!
    sue
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I know how you feel, I am desperately trying not let arthur get the better of me plus that stupid PMR aswll. Just tried to come downstairs, load of washing in one hand and two dirty cups from my studio in the other and half way down, I really did not think my legs were going to hold me up as were my hands.
    So I'm afraid I am not going to fight it any longer, two painkillers and back to bed. I've given in. Mindyou, with what has been happening over the last few weeks. I think boys and their toys like to get together though. Without thinking last night, said to Jim whilst watching Countryfile, my favourite, "we must got there next year, would love to walk over that place or other. I think it was in Derbyshire. I miss it to bit going there.
    Go on, be kind to yourself.

Joy