Re:the truth will out.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 20. Oct 2010, 10:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well it didn't take long for the crown to slip now did it, Dave "geezer"Cameron has just been on C4 news defending the military cuts.
Harriers and Tornados are to go so is our aircraft carrier but the really weird thing is it is being replaced by two spanking new ones, the first will not have any aircraft for 10 years at least!, WHAT!!?, and the other will just sit in the docks as we haven't any spare cash to run it!, but get this we give away £6 billion in overseas aid which is ring fenced and this is money we borrow before we give it away!.
Now is it me or does this come across as plane flippin stupid or should I use the term insane seem appropriate here.
Oddly the MOD's yearly budget is only £1 billion lower than that of Israel yet they manage it with only 400 staff, and the MOD?, well now check this out, it's a cool 28k staff top heavy or what. Oh and the killer is 48K front line troops are to go now what's the betting the civil servants get left out of any job reductions?, cynical or what!?.

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sold down the swany, hung out to dry come to mind, we may as well put an add in the papers with a convenient date saying if you want to attack do so on this date as we will be out to lunch :?

i cant get my head around the loggic of all this, god help when they anounce all the benifit cuts etc, think i will start planning to live on a deserted island some where.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Well I think David and friends cant believe there luck....got the go ahead to make cuts where ever they want...I admire the french for standing up for there rights
    In one breath they are cutting benefits...in the other thousands are being put on the dole... :? I had better stop here...my blood pressure to think of.
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Options
    I'll give the French one thing at least they have the guts to stand up for themselves and their beliefs, I'm amazed how this load of old tosh has been pushed onto the workers and the sick.
    What really get my goat is that the very people who got us ALL into this mess are now in charge of sorting things out instead of going to prison where they all belong, and to ad insult to injury they have been given massive amounts of money borrowed in ours and our children's names without any of us having a say in it and even as this was going on the bankers were still handing themselves big bonuses!.
    Jesus off I go again but it's true we are soft stupid and pathetic in this country these days, where has all our energy and zeal gone?, that the French thankfully still have it and are ready to kick off, while we just mumble and shuffle off like some pathetic mental patent who's had one to many lobotomies, sedated and compliant, we are all going to have to work longer for less while MP's have only to do one term and can retire with a full pension and a massive bonus for getting deselected, and they still try and make out that corruption is something the rest of the world has and we don't!.
    As I rant on here 3 lords have been found to have committed fraud of up to £200,000 each and all that happened is they got asked to pay only some of it back and have been suspended for 6/9 months, oh yeah right I forgot on FULL PAY!.
    honorable member is nearly right well the member bit anyway, time we had a revolution or at least a little bit of anarchy up in central London to focus minds a bit more, as violence seems to be the only thing the are frighten'd off, they are always keen to use it to force us to make us compliant drones. If dear old Osama Bin Laden did manage to put a 747 through the house of commons most people would probably say, "well the parasites had it coming didn't they", Most people would have more sympathy for the beautiful building that was destroyed, well that and the commons cat.
  • grampyal
    grampyal Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Its the one thing we can learn from the French, have a revolution every so often and get rid of the parasites. Its a pity the French didn't stand up so well in 1914 and 1939 then tens of thousands of brave lads would not have died reclaiming their country from the Germans. We are still paying for the legacy of these wars but as you say we are a stupid country.
    I have taken the time to write to our great leader and give him the benefit of my thoughts. The first was that he must start cutting at the top, then work his way down to us. Hope he listened - don't suppose he did.
    Al
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    I too wrote to our leader and actually received a reply from 10, Downing Street no less :!:
    The reply said they had passed my letter to the DWP :roll: :roll: :roll:
    I've heard nothing from DWP :!:
    Really care about the little people don't they :?:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My heart is in my mouth waiting for the cull today.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    It's got that I'm now afraid to read the news. All it does it bring more panic into our already uncertain futures.

Bring back the monster raving loony party. At least then they do what they say on the tin!
  • mellman01
    Options
    You can bet it will be just as damaging and stupid as the defence review, now don't get me wrong I'm not up for going around the world forcing "democracy" down the throats of folks who don't want or understand it as the yanks so love to do but I do wonder where all the common sense has gone to ships planes and men are what we need but can't even afford that now it seems.
    But we still have Trident a cold war relic that we also can't afford and in reality we can ever use!, so why even bother paying for it it's impotent and a total waste of money, we have cruise capable subs isn't that enough, I mean we have over 200 warheads why?, who is the enemy this time, these days it seems to be a slightly mad guy living in a damp cave somewhere way up in the Hindu Kush and not a superpower like Russia.
    Oh well me spleen is slightly vented but there's plenty more rising to the surface!.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Hi Mell

Are you feeling any better at all :?

It always worries me when you go off like this venting that poor spleen of yours - I fear one day it will explode :shock:

Mind you as someone once said - If mell is venting his spleen then all is well with the world....

Well done to Gramyal and Daylily for taking the time to write to 'the boss' :)

All is not well is it :(

Love

Toni xx
  • thisledome1
    thisledome1 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    I agree with every thing that has been said .

Mell has covered every thing .

All i can say is the country voted them in ,so now we are reaping the rewards ,or not .

Perhaps next time there is an election the country will see sense .

Jean
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Ah but the country did not vote them in. The reason they are in power is because they joined up with the lib dems. I think everyone who voted lib dem must be reeling at the total change in what they voted for.

Regards
    Trisha