So good they named it twice

Options
annebr
annebr Member Posts: 730
edited 21. Oct 2010, 07:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am off to New York on Friday for a week, really can't wait. OH and I haven't had a holiday since my surgery over a year ago and it's my Birthday while we are away.

It's been a rough year (or two) so we are determined to spoil ourselves.

All changed on the work front as well, I resigned from the position I was in, got so fed up with politics and all the 'management decision's'. I am self employed and have a couple of options coming up but will enjoy my holiday first.

Anne

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Anne

That is so nice to hear good luck to you. When I think back to last year you were not too good were you. I remember our midnight chat as well.

You have a great holiday both of you. You must try a yellow taxi.

Congratulations on the job front and whatever you decide I'm sure it will be the right choice.

Once again have a great holiday and it has been nice seeing you in here too.

Love Trish xxxxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Anne :D

have a lovely holiday in the Big Apple :!: and enjoy your birthday celebration while you're there.

never been there myself but my daughters were there earlier this year and absolutely loved it. :mrgreen:

Irisx

ps.... you're so right about work! good luck with setting up your own business on your return. :D
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Anne

Forgot to say Happy Birthday while you are away.

Love Trish xxx
  • annebr
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I have been to NY before but not for 12 years so I am sure it will have changed.

Iris, thanks for the recipe, will let you know how it goes.

Shouldn't have too much trouble on the job front, I have been running my own company for 14 years so I am sure something will turn up.

My hips have been sore and I am a bit worried about the amount of walking but will just use that as an excuse to stop for cake. My GP has upped my pain meds so they have started kicking in. I see the ortho tomorrow and the rheumy on Thursday so it's all go before I go.

Anne
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Anne,

You got a buy coupe of days there flower but fingers crossed you get some help from them both.

You enjoy your self when you go to NY and have really good birthday as well./ ((( ))) Cris xx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    hi Anne
    Have a fabulous trip to NY. It is one of my favourite cities - I lived there for a bit in the 80's and loved it. It's a bit safer now though.
    Want to hear all about it when you get back.
    love S
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope you have a wonderful time and that your birthday is an extra-special one. You deserve some better times - let's hope this trip heralds their beginning! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I am so glad I spotted this in time, my lovely Anne.

Have the best of times in NY, both of you. Maybe a romantic horse drawn carriage ride round Central Park, for your birthday? Whatever you do, have a wonderful day.

You know how I worried about you taking that job, so I`m rather glad that you have resigned. With your talent, you will do just fine, flying solo. You may have more time to come on here too. I`ve missed you.

I suppose Mischa is going to granny, but if you get stuck, I can get up there pretty quickly for her!!.........Much love.......Ange.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Anne,

Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy every minute of it.

Good luck with your appointments at least they will be sorted before your trip! Do hope they go well for you.

Have a great birthday while your there. Erm.....the cakes will be really good and generous too! :lol::lol:

Lv, Ix
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi anne

Just to say lucky you going to new york. I hope you have a FAB time all those shops .

Good luck with your new buisiness too

JuliePF x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh Yes

And Happy Birthday

JuliePF x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Anne

great to hear that you are off on a special holiday. Having come back recently from ours I can tell you it is well worth the effort .... have a wonderful time and relax all you can.

you really deserve a good time and a very happy birthday celebration, whatever you decide to do (Ange's idea sounds fab!)

good luck with the job situation - I think you are wise and wish you all the very best.

wonky
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi Anne

What a wonderful and positive post to read - especially today when we are watching the Budget Review - inspirational.

Your trip seems to be marking the beginning of a new and more fulfilling chapter in your life - well done.

Have an absolute ball in New York, a very happy birthday and all the best when you begin your new employ.

Keep smiling, Carol :lol:
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi Anne

Have a really lovely holiday. I have not been there but I think it is a place you need to go at least one.

Enjoy, Fayann xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Anne
    You have a lovely holiday, what a great lace to spend your birthday.
    I feel there are much better things on the horizon for you.
    Good Luck
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • annebr
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for all your kind wishes. We are so looking forward to this break, a mixture of sight seeing (it will be nice to see it through Allan's eyes as I have been before) & shopping.

I have been trying to conserve my energy inbetween hospital appointments so that I can make the most of it.

It's my 40th and I am determined not to let my 75 year old hips spoil it!

Anne xx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Have a wonderful birthday and don't forget only pack enough undies for whilst you are there and fill your suitcases with all the fab bargains - I hear it's a shoppers paradise!!
    Enjoy xxxxx
  • annebr
    Options
    One more sleep!

All packed, bag within a bag so have plenty of room for shopping. Have a hit list of things to buy, I use Clin**e and it's half price in the states so will but a stock. I have also been given some money for my birthday so will buy something special that I can keep.

I have always wanted a Hermes scarf, wildly expensive & extravagant, Allan is taking me to the shop on my birthday and I have to pick one.

Rheummy appt in a couple of hours then relax before the journey.

Anne x