Glastonbury, 2012, cancelled

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 20. Oct 2010, 09:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just heard that Glastonbury has been cancelled for the first time since it began.

Why?

Loos. There's a shortage of portable toilets because the Olympics have reserved so many :roll:

It won't make a difference to me because I won't be going but such a shame that a long-standing event such as this has had to step aside for the Olympics.

Wonder what else it'll affect :|
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    cant they dig pits like the old days you telling me they used to have port a loos back then they could build some in the time they have lol
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    As delboy says it's way commercial these day's anyway. I thought it was due to it clashing with the Olympics.
    What amazes me is the size of the site it's miles across so no good for me to much walking for the likes of me, nope it started as an anti establishment hippy fest and now it's sold out so don't waste your money, we watch it on our TV with it running through the surround sound, it's like being there but minus the mud and the crushing crowds, at least you get a ring side seat!.
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    As delboy says it's way commercial these day's anyway. I thought it was due to it clashing with the Olympics.
    What amazes me is the size of the site it's miles across so no good for me to much walking for the likes of me, nope it started as an anti establishment hippy fest and now it's sold out so don't waste your money, we watch it on our TV with it running through the surround sound, it's like being there but minus the mud and the crushing crowds, at least you get a ring side seat!.

And toilets that aren't backed up! :lol: