Blue badge renewal form

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 20. Oct 2010, 13:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi folks, I just wondered if any of you knew why the forms vary at all. My Dad has just got his renewal form for his BB and he says it's asking him to provide proof of where they live, photocopy of llicence, reg number of car, would he be a driver or a passenger, and a lot more, etc etc. Now why would they need to know all that when the badge is for you, not the car and is not just nation-wide but European wide.... SO what difference does all that make??? I really can't understand it at all.. Now they live in Skegness, and as it happens, my Wife has just got her renewal form too, we live in West Yorkshire, now all they ask for from her is, copy of entitlement letter, one photo, doctors details and that's it.....

Seems really wrong to me, what have your experiences with these forms been like?
Mine ain't due till November next year but I am hoping that it'll be as simple as the Wife's because if they ask for all the same stuff as my Dad's I think I will kick up a stink..

Tony
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    It does sound a bit strange because as you say the badge is for you not for the car and what happens if you change your car a couple of months after getting the badge?????Weird
    I havent got to this stage yet.....got another couple of years to go but hope its not like your dads...Think I to would create!!!!¬

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Different areas vary in the info they require and the renewal process, but as your father has been asked for so much more information perhaps it could be an attempt to cut down on fraud. There is a vibrant market in stolen BBs. One could always ring them and ask. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options
    The badge IS for you not the car but some areas DO like to know the car most often used's reg no: at least they do in Staffs.

Think it's to cut down on misues maybe?

Love

Toni xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    You're both probably right on the anti-fraud thing, it just seemed extreme compared to here.
    I know my Dad is panicking, thinking he might not get it for some reason, he is a born worrier though :lol:

Cheers

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tony
    I live in Manchester, and like your Dad I have had to give the same information, even my utility bill had to be less then 6 weeks old.
    Tell him not to worry, he will get it.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Options
    I have just completed my blue badge renewal application and had to send in award letter, copy of presecription, any doctor's seen over the last 12 months and complete a section regarding my mobility and any aids I might use. I was also asked if I would like to go on the register for disabled people (which I have ticked).
    One of the questions asked was about the ease of use for ticket machines. I find thse difficult as (a) I cannot reach the machine from the car (b) and that there can be some distance to walk to a machine.
    I live in Greater Manchester as was interested in what other evidence was required by other local councils.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    It would be good if we could get folk from different places to put what info they need, quite interesting how it differs, must be down to the local council..

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP