Positive news from Rheumy appoitnment this morning

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 20. Oct 2010, 17:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI,

after all the hassles over the summer with medication, rashes etc it seems like we finally are on the way to a plan.

I wrote everything down as we always say to do but don't always do :wink: and that really did help.

I now have requested copy letters so I know what is going on & he was happy to do that.

I now have x-ray results from May :D including a print-out ( nothing odd to report other than the OA seen last year is not mentioned!!)

Can start to reduce the steroids :D:D:D:D and should be off them by December 18th :roll: (not long if you say it quick!)

Increasing the MTX injections to 20mg :D:D

Infusion of Infliximab should start soon - def before Christmas! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seeing GP tonight to get the meds sorted and the ball rolling ...

and the sun is shining and the world doesn't seem quite so bad today :wink:

hugs to everyone

WOnky xxx

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    forgot to say - rash will still be here for 'a few months' :roll: :roll: (till the Leflunomide gets out of my system)

but it's a lot better than it was so if I keep up with the lotions creams and potions then I can live with that!

:wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    All sounding good, wonky! I am glad the skin is easing, and that you have a plan! Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    Wonky, I'm so glad you're feeling more positive and have a plan in place. Doesn't it feel so much better knowing that you're in control.
    Take care.xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Wonky

I am so happy for you that you are at last getting somewhere and are feeling so much better now there is a plan. I agree if you say that date quickly it does not seem too bad. Time will fly by I am sure. :)

Yes, it is a lovely sunny day but I should have worn and scarf and gloves when on my bike this morning :)

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Very good plan that :D

Serioulsy I am pleased- bet you feel better for that?

The sun is shining here and it's freezing, but from her it looks LOVELY :D

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Great news Wonky :D:D

You've had to show amazing patience these past weeks/ months with all you've gone through with the rash, the itich, the pain and uncertainty... so it makes your appointment at rheummy...and the outcome.... all the more significant and re-assuring. :wink: :!:

So pleased that he is going to get you started on the inflix. before Xmas too.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the start of a more stable period for you Wonky....

well done you for being so determined and in getting a good plan agreed at rheummy today.

so happy for you!

Iris xxxx

:mrgreen:

ps.... we've got temp of -3 today. Brrrr!! but beautiful sunshine to make up for it. :wink:
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi Wonky (i just typed winky - I am loosing the plot today!!!)

I am glad that you have had a really positive appt today and that sounds like a plan. I am glad that you have been referred to anti 0 tnfs. You deserve a medal for all that you have put up with over the summer.

Hope the holiday is not a distance memory just yet!!!

Hugs (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Fayann xxx
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    Thanks everyone :D

still sun shining and the temp here is fairly low but nothing like -3 :shock: :shock: mind you hubby said that they had sleet showers over at the coast this afternoon :shock: :shock:

went for a walk ..... left with one dog and came home with two :shock: :shock: :shock: a regular escapee had found another dog walker. You should have seen the two of us with four dogs between us, three leads, one walking stick (hers) and a pair of wrist splints :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: good job Jeremy Beadle wasn't about :wink: dog is safe for now and littlelegs has forgiven me for the bad company she had to keep :roll: :roll:

Fayann - winky sounds good to me :lol::lol::lol::lol: I amswer to most things :wink:

SO pleased that it was good news to tell you finally .... and I really apppreciate all the support over the last few months.

somehow itching and mood swings seem easier to cope with now that there is a plan.

off to tell all to my GP now :D

WOnky
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Just to say how pleased I am that you now have a way forward and can begin to feel more positive about it all.

Really, really hope the Infliximab helps you Wonky.

Love Tilly xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Glad the plan is looking more positive for you and hope all went well with the GP this evening. Yes we had a bit of sun but my bit of the North East was frrrreeeezing today!!
    take care
    love
    Chris
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    hi Wonky, don't things seem a lot better when you have a plan? December 18th will be here in a flash. Wish I could get off the blooming steroids.
    Pleased you had a good appt.
    xx
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Glad to hear you have good news and a plan!
    It will soon be Dec 18th tis OHs birthday aswel so will be thinking of you then :D providing the brain cells hold out :wink:

Rose x
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Wonky,So pleased to hear that news. :D:D
    You have had a lot to contend with lately & i bet you feel so relieved to now have a plan.
    Take care & Dec 18th aint that far away.
    luv debs
  • alarkra
    alarkra Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

What wonderful news - that's great! Very pleased for you. Glad it's all turning around from you. :-) :lol: :P
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Well that sounds a lot more positive for you. Great news that the awful rash will go in the end. It will be a party day when you can throw away all the creams and lotions. :wink:

Erm... picking up strays now??? Little legs will be getting a wee bit miffed if you carry on like that. :lol::lol:

Hugs,
    Ix
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Flower its about time they helped you! You used to do well on 20 didn't you? Fingers crossed the rash will soon leave and you will get the steroid down as well. Its not that far really even if you say it slow.

Leaving you a ((((( ))))) and he sends a ton of slurps to you and a condolence hug to his best mate for having to put up with stars..... Love Cris xx