Hope this helps

Options
cornbeef
cornbeef Member Posts: 8
edited 22. Oct 2010, 03:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi every one , newby here... ive had arthritis in my hips and knees since god was a boy :lol: .. found taking pure_col helps , it doesnt stop the pain altogether but by god it help , you can get it on line at

link deleted by Moderator

it works for me ,hope i have been of some help...beefy
:D

Please refer to the house rules.
2. The forum is not a shop so please don’t advertise or promote products and services on the forum in any way

House rules can be found at http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/GetInvolved/Onlinecommunity/Usingtheforum/Houserules

Thank you
YEH

Comments

• angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    cornbeef wrote:
    Hi every one , newby here... ive had arthritis in my hips and knees since god was a boy :lol: .. found taking pure_col helps , it doesnt stop the pain altogether but by god it help , you can get it on line at

Thanks for that Beefy, and glad you have found some pain relief. However, we are rather a cynical lot on here, most of us having tried everything under the sun, in the early days of diagnosis. I, personally, have taken collagen by the bucketful......nowt!!

Also, I`m afraid I was a little put off by the fact that, with just a little tweaking, it could also enhance my breasts. As I said, cynical.......Sorry......Ange.x.
  • cornbeef
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    cornbeef wrote:

Thanks for that Beefy, and glad you have found some pain relief. However, we are rather a cynical lot on here, most of us having tried everything under the sun, in the early days of diagnosis. I, personally, have taken collagen by the bucketful......nowt!!

Also, I`m afraid I was a little put off by the fact that, with just a little tweaking, it could also enhance my breasts. As I said, cynical.......Sorry......Ange.x.
    as i said ange it works for me ! it may not work for everyone ...but the ones it does has got to be a bonus ball :roll: ..beefy x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Beefy

Just to say "welcome to the forum" and glad you have found something which helps you.

Tilly xxx
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    my arthritis is heridatery so have just started my 15 year old daughter on rosehip I am so preying it stops her inheriting this awlful illness or at least stop her suffering too much, has anyone else used this?, I tried many things but nothing really works for me so am trying to keep her joints well enough not to suffer with arther of any type, would you believe as a child I would eat Vasaline from the jar with a spoon , and it was always commented on that I would have well oiled joints , but it didnt work :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I tried rosehip for a while, but the arthritis won. (I have PA.) I think these things work better for OAers than the immune system varieties. I note cornbeef declines to mention his type of arthritis. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cornbeef
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I tried rosehip for a while, but the arthritis won. (I have PA.) I think these things work better for OAers than the immune system varieties. I note cornbeef declines to mention his type of arthritis. DD
    hi daisy... its the big O...down to wear and tear..tried rosehip.. no good for me :(
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, cornbeef. What works for some won't work for others, one can only keep trying - tho sometimes one really cannot be *****! I hope today is a good day for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bambi59
    bambi59 Member Posts: 47
    Options
    i was taking colegen and rose hip and codliver oil. i decided they were doing no good :? so stopped taking them, as one was upseting my stomach i belive it was the cod liver oil.
    within a couple of days i was in a lot of pain hands feet spine knees!!!!!!!
    were they working???? :| i dont know but made me think perhaps they were helping in some way :shock: ???
    ill try it again and see what happens. this type of thing happened when i came off anti inflamatorys, due to stomach bleeds.
    good luck on your search for any relife :wink: every little helps :!:
  • cornbeef
    Options
    bambi59 wrote:
    i was taking colegen and rose hip and codliver oil. i decided they were doing no good :? so stopped taking them, as one was upseting my stomach i belive it was the cod liver oil.
    within a couple of days i was in a lot of pain hands feet spine knees!!!!!!!
    were they working???? :| i dont know but made me think perhaps they were helping in some way :shock: ???
    ill try it again and see what happens. this type of thing happened when i came off anti inflamatorys, due to stomach bleeds.
    good luck on your search for any relife :wink: every little helps :!:
    I personally think collagen works as the body produces this naturally ..the body after the age of around 30 loses 1.5 percent of its collagen per year so taking a supplement in my view has to help :)
  • beowolf
    beowolf Member Posts: 88
    Options
    When I was a kid my mum gave us a spoonful of rosehip syrup and codliver oil....one of each , ever day....fraid it didn't prevent me getting it.

That's not to say it doesn't help cos my brother and sisters don't have it :D:D:D:D

Beo
  • cornbeef
    Options
    beowolf wrote:
    When I was a kid my mum gave us a spoonful of rosehip syrup and codliver oil....one of each , ever day....fraid it didn't prevent me getting it.

That's not to say it doesn't help cos my brother and sisters don't have it :D:D:D:D

Beo
    so your the unlucky one then beo.. :( .. my eldest sister is suffering from osteo in her knees.. shes the one who put me on to pur col... my younger sister is fit as a butchers dog :D