BUDGET

Options
frogmorton
frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
edited 27. Oct 2010, 07:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
What was that Mell?

What will they do after then 12 months??

Toni x

Comments

• carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am absolutely RAGING at some of the budget spending review.

People on this forum are saying they don't know what to do with themselves tomorrow whilst the forum is down ......

Take the time to write and/or email to all relevant government officials, DWP, Atos basically ANYONE we have been complaining about over recent months.

It may do some good, it may not however at least we will have tried.

I can moan and grumble all I like but it only results with me getting into a tizz. Better to act upon my grumbles and try to change things.

Hope you all having a decent day.
    Carol
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    I'm fizzing too!

The chancellor's announcement regarding applying a twelve month maximum time limit for recipients of ESA will add further confusion for those applying or receiving this benefit.....

It is aimed directly at those who are on IB already (sorry Del!) or the more recent peeps assessed as having 'Limited Capability for Work' and on the middle rate ESA

It is already poorly administered by dwp and the reliance on ATOS in conducting medical assessments has lead to many genuine disabled applicants being wrongly assessed and having to go through a stressful appeals process.

It is already a farcical benefit system which is not fairly applied.

What then is the chancellor suggesting will happen after 12 months to the genuine disabled who are in this middle benefit ESA or IB group?... become a job seeker? go onto Income Support? rely on family (I am joking).... or maybe we'll see the re emergence of the Poor House!

This is an appalling announcement that will hit many of us really hard.

I like your suggestion Carola.... good use of time.

Iris x
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    From what I can see Incapacity benefit will be stopped after 12 months for certain cases. Who decides who merits what I don't know.
    Unless maybe If you are on a high DLA.
    I'm suspicious of that phrase "In certain cases"
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi all

What did we expect? This government has decided that people that are ill are no use to the country, so they are trying to force us into work. They dont understand that if we could work we most definately would. Working would be easy compared to the degrading "medical" that they put us through. They dont understand that earning a wage is preferable to us rather than live on the pittance that we receive.

Regards
    Trisha
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Right bugger it it's time for a revolution and I'm going to lead the charge!, right who's coming up to London with me??, now remember that violence doesn't work and is only used by those who can't reason so we will be peaceful and none violent and I am sure we will be listened to!.
    Hey hang about, those street rozzers have pepper spray night sticks Tazers and firearms and love to push innocent people while not wearing their identity shoulder flashes so no one can trace them, they have also been known to shoot others in the face 7 times just for looking like a normal person minding their own business just trying to catch a train!, and recently they used two illegal Tazer shotguns to zap a dude while he had his finger on the trigger of the gun that he had pointed at this head which ironically due to synaptic response the first thing your muscles do when hit with 40k volts is to spasm and tighten up so by by one crim, result if you had no intention of taking the person alive that is?, no one will miss him and at least it saves on all the paperwork later!, now is it me or is there a trend here!??.
    I'm suddenly feeling slightly uneasy about going, oh yeah I know what it is, I don't want to die in several freak police accidents!.

Oh one last thing, how many policemen does it take to crack an egg??.

None it fell down and broke all by itself! boom boom!!!!!
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    It's just like Hitler isn't it? If you are disabled or incapacitated you are no longer valuable.
    What they don't mention is how valuable we are to our families, I bet there's many on here that either baby sit, look after infants, do the school run or something to aid our children.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    The following is my opinion of how AC should respond in the light of today's budget statement. It is not intended as a personal attack on anyone, but a wake up call.

The current comment from AC is that they are 'working closely with key partners, and we will continue to champion the interests of people with arthritis to ensure that their voice is heard.' You have tried this already with the introduction of ESA and totally failed us, just when we needed you the most.

And how will our voice be heard? Now is the time to bang the big drum for members. AC should be raising public displeasure at this UNFAIR budget regarding ESA and DLA. It is set up by the government, by their own admittance, to reduce claimants at any cost, definitely not to help us. I know that banks take away your umbrella when it rains, but will AC now do the same. We don't pay our Chief Exec to sit on his backside shuffling papers. We have publicity people who won't ever publicise anything as important as this. Completely, totally out of touch with the modern world.

We need publicity, not secretive meetings.

We need protest, not weasel words.

We need leadership, not grovelling weakness.

I look forwards to seeing our Chief Executive and Head of Publicity presenting our case strongly in national newspapers and on radio and TV. I know that they are waiting for you to contact them, no excuses. To do anything less is a complete negation of our plight. They need to stand up for us NOW. We don't want any lame excuses this time, because tomorrow is too late.

If they won't do it, then stand aside and get someone in who will.

Joseph 8)

That should burnout the servers and shut the site down for a while. Oh, I think they have already anticipated it anyway.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • livinglegend
    edited 20. Oct 2010, 12:14
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    DLA is safe (Apart from ATOS) but IB will be limited to 12mths. Being on IB, or ESA as it's now known, I'll be interested to see what they do about people like myself with long term health problems and will not work again.
    DLA is not safe, as from 2014 everyone on DLA is going through the fraudulent Atos refusal medical.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    what about us mums and dads and granparents who help and look after kids with specail needs as well, what about the ones that cant work because they are carers for a sick or disabled child/adult etc.

we need support and help. dont forget about us we dont complain well hardly ever, we want to be reconised for what we do
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Way to go Joseph I'm with you on this mater well put!. I've Just finished watching a C4 program on tax avoidance of the rich here, even the minister who's looking into MP's claims and tax liabilities banks off shore in a tax haven, stitched up like a kipper or what.
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    DLA is safe (Apart from ATOS) but IB will be limited to 12mths. Being on IB, or ESA as it's now known, I'll be interested to see what they do about people like myself with long term health problems and will not work again.
    DLA is not safe, as from 2014 everyone on DLA is going through the fraudulent Atos refusal medical.

Joseph 8)

Yes, I didn't think DLA is safe either. Where did you find the info Joseph?
  • livinglegend
    Options
    salamander wrote:
    Yes, I didn't think DLA is safe either. Where did you find the info Joseph?
    Three times as many people are now claiming Disability Living Allowance as when it was introduced 18 years ago, Mr Osborne said.

A new medical test would apply to all new and existing claims from 2013, he said, and could result in a steep fall in the numbers of claimants.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/budget/7847390/Budget-2010-health-checks-on-disability-claimants-and-changes-to-housing-benefit.html

The 'new' test is identical to the Atos ESA fiddle and is to be conducted by them.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    I think we should organise to protect the interests of disabled people.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    what about us mums and dads and granparents who help and look after kids with specail needs as well, what about the ones that cant work because they are carers for a sick or disabled child/adult etc.

we need support and help. dont forget about us we dont complain well hardly ever, we want to be reconised for what we do

Hi Sylvia,
    If you get carers you tend to bypass all this mess. They leave you alone but I'm not sure for how long this will continue.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein