Morphine script is ready!

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 20. Oct 2010, 18:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi to all that have been writing to me regarding my knee and spine injections that I am waiting for, just wanted to let you know that my GP has just rang me to say that the pain clinic have finally been in touch regarding the change of painkillers to morphine, I know it's not really something to celebrate but when the ones your taking ain't working it kind of gives a bit of hope of some pain relief eh??

Had my physio the other day too... Just gave some excersises to do, will do them and see how I go. Back in two weeks..

I have been prescribed MST's, 2x15mg to start off with and see how I go on for a month.
Any advice etc..? Also getting some Fibrogel, for the you know what side-effects, lol

Tony
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• cornbeef
    cornbeef Member Posts: 8
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Hi to all that have been writing to me regarding my knee and spine injections that I am waiting for, just wanted to let you know that my GP has just rang me to say that the pain clinic have finally been in touch regarding the change of painkillers to morphine, I know it's not really something to celebrate but when the ones your taking ain't working it kind of gives a bit of hope of some pain relief eh??

Had my physio the other day too... Just gave some excersises to do, will do them and see how I go. Back in two weeks..

I have been prescribed MST's, 2x15mg to start off with and see how I go on for a month.
    Any advice etc..? Also getting some Fibrogel, for the you know what side-effects, lol hope the morphine does the trick.. its powerful stuff.. good luck

Tony
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tony and Cornbeef
    I have been offered MST if my meds stop working, but I dont want to go down that road.
    Has you probably know MST is slow release morphine, the trouble is where do you go from there.
    Have you tried upping your other meds, or even changing them.
    Have you been seen by a pain clinic, they put me on Gabapentin for nerve pain coming from my back, and co codamol for the pain, at night I take amitriptyline .
    I do hope you get some relief very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks beefy!!
    I hope it bloody works too.. Been on diclofenac, tramadol and co-codamol for a month since my Dihydrocodiene stopped working..
    And that combo dint really work either so been suffering a while now.

Cheers

Tony :)
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Just wanted to say really hope that you start to get some relief from the morphine soon - and good luck with the physio exercises.

Love Tilly xxx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Tony and Cornbeef
    I have been offered MST if my meds stop working, but I dont want to go down that road.
    Has you probably know MST is slow release morphine, the trouble is where do you go from there.
    Have you tried upping your other meds, or even changing them.
    Have you been seen by a pain clinic, they put me on Gabapentin for nerve pain coming from my back, and co codamol for the pain, at night I take amitriptyline .
    I do hope you get some relief very soon.
    Barbara x

Hi Barbara, it's not something I really wanted either. Over the years I have been on pretty much every painkiller, gabapentine included.. None of them really worked, so I am hoping that I tolerate the morphine well and that the pain clinic hurry up and do the injections in my knees and spine.

Thanks for the comment, goes for all of ya! :D

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Toni,

hope the morphine really helps.

S uses fybogel for constipation, interesting choice for you ... if it doesn't keep you "going" regularly you might need going back to your GP. Fybogel adds soluble fibre/bulk to the diet. Might cause bloating to start with, if you are on more than one satchet - gradually increase your intake.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tony
    I do wish you luck with it, I am so sorry nothing else has worked for you, and good luck with the injections.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks again ladies.. GP prescrobed two sachets of the fibrogel stuff per day but I think I will see how I go on with one.
    Well, I took my first tablet about an hour ago so it will be interesting to see if I can go to sleep at a reasonable time, something I have not been able to do for a long while..
    Also, I really hope that I wake up in less pain than I have been doing for months, that's the worst time for me, I wake up in such pain.. :(

Here's hoping eh? Lol

I will let you all know how I go on.

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Tony,

I hope it works well for you. Lack of sleep is a terrible thing. It really brings you down.

Fingers crossed you feel the benefit over the next couple of days.

Lv, Ix
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Tony :D

hope that the morph helps you get a decent sleep and that you're not in too much pain when you waken in the morn.

let us know?

Iris x
    a015.gif
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I will let you know how I feel in the morning, although not getting any benefit as yet, but I suppose I might if I tried to go to sleep. I know when I take tamazapam sometimes to help me sleep they don't work till you start to try and get some shut eye.
    Awkward thing is that the pc is right next to our bed so that when I am laid up and the Wife is at work I can still use it... It's awkward because if I turn it off now and try to sleep and I can't then I will be disturbing Janet even more 'cos I will be wanting to turn it back on again... :roll:

think Iwill risk it soon though, and if I can't sleep I will just kid myself that I am comfortable enough, lol.

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP