dla mobility to be stopped?

Options
shazza
shazza Member Posts: 13
edited 21. Oct 2010, 03:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
i have just read on virgin news room that the dla mobility is going to be stopped, how are we suppose to manage without it and what if you have a mobility car? are they going to take it off you.
i rely on my mobility car to get me around and if i didn't have it, i would be house bound.
Any body else read about this?.
shazza

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Not heard this yet Shazza, if you have a link, post it.

That would be terrible for so many folks.

SPeedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • shazza
    shazza Member Posts: 13
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Not heard this yet Shazza, if you have a link, post it.

That would be terrible for so many folks.

SPeedy

sorry i don't know how to link it but its on virgin media .com under welfare cuts.
    shazza
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    I've just read that they are scrapping the mobility part of the allowance for people in residential care. The reasoning being is that they don't get out much anyway.

There is some info on this link
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/oct/20/spending-review-hidden-pain-gain
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    livinglegend has posted about this on delboy's budget thread on chitchat. 2014 is the proposed date I think, but it is a long while until then, so things may change. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I am pretty sure that it is only those in residential care that will lose it.. At least that's what they were saying on the news earlier.

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    I just read its for those in residential care on the BBC1 website list of benefits that are changing, so hopefully it wont affect many of us,
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    It will only affect those in permanent residential care, who don't need assistance with transport anyway.

Everyone else will continue to get it, unless you are forced to attend an Atos/DWP medical, then you automatically lose all benefits so that the 'medical professionals' get their fat-cat bonuses.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    It will only affect those in permanent residential care, who don't need assistance with transport anyway.

Everyone else will continue to get it, unless you are forced to attend an Atos/DWP medical, then you automatically lose all benefits so that the 'medical professionals' get their fat-cat bonuses.

Joseph 8)

Well said, I would like to see someone emply me when I can't even get out of bed or function at all most days.. :)

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP