Feeling low after trip to doctors....

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 21. Oct 2010, 13:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
God this doctor i saw today....Not a great appointment walked out deflated again...no pain killers....Leaflet on physio to ring about strengthening muscles etc, she had to have a discussion with one of her colleges blah blah.
This is such a long story long and short had seen this doctor a few weeks ago, given tablets for my stomach to settle...which i took for two weeks felt worse so stopped taking them. Trying to sort stomach issue before they can give me pain relief.... Got a telling off for not taking bone strengthening tablets the hospital said i had to take. Explained that i had talked with another doctor and the decision was made i would leave it for two years ate well and see what the bone scan says in two years..... well her feeling was what would we get out of it??? I would have not got better so what was the point???? Got the feeling it was about money...... I told her the other doctor had agreed to this so she said she would have to talk to him about this...grrrrrrr. Then she said oh i am away for 3 weeks not a problem i quickly said i will see that doctor.
I have to talk with the hospital about meds (due to cancer) to see whether i can either change back to originally meds/try another one or come off??? Trying to work out if it is the meds that are causing the pain.....
I said i understand what she was saying but now i am in a really difficult position...the pains that are get...could at some point be cancer of the bones so how do i know??? No reply as i am high risk and at some point it will come back...with luck a long way but statistic are roughly upto 20 odd years survival after original breast cancer.
I am rambling on sorry but i am sooooooo pissed off. Beaten off cancer twice, get told the reason i have arthur is because i am slim and kept fit and sorry until we sort out your stomach issue no meds for bad pain days...god how long is this going to go on for??? no she did offer me codeine...no good upsets my stomach...
Going to have a large glass of red medicine tonight....

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Lupin, that sounds just a dreadful place to be. I don't know what to suggest. I've heard of morphine patches which wouldn't affect your stomach but obviously I don't know how bad your pain is. Is there another doctor in the practice you could chat too. Also, can you use anti inflammatory gels that you rub on your skin? My consultant has just advised these for my ribs and says it is safe on the stomach.

As for the worry about bone cancer...Can they do blood tests to see if you have any cancer markers in your blood? That may help them decide whether to do a scan. I can easily understand your worries on that score. I stopped taking my risedondrate out of worry about the possibilities of it, I am high risk for some types too. My consultant has agreed it is ok and will do a dexa scan in Jan. It's a real juggling act to get the meds right and not exacerbate other conditions.
    Enjoy the red medicine.
    Hope you feel better.
    xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh Lupin, so sorry to hear all this.........these bone meds are an odd lot, I couldn't take any of the usual ones. I have osteoporosis of the spine and am in the high risk category for fractures. I've been given Calcitriol and will be having another DEXA next spring.

To have all that and the cancer worry as well, no wonder you are feeling down.................I can't drink red wine, but will join you with a glass of white!

Annie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Lupin I am so sorry my love, wish I could come round and give you a real hug, take these for now ((((())))) and I will join you in a glass of red...and then white..well it is good for you.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    apologies lupin for my reply about sloe gin!
    hadn't read this one...Much love!
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Lupin,

Sorry to hear all about this ((((hugs))))

Enjoy a drop of red tonight :D

tomorrow is another day :) hope you wil feel better then!

Rose x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Lupin

So sorry to read this. It must be so deflating to you. Where is the pain you have? Is it in the tummy or elsewhere?

Is there no other doctor you can see why she is away? I do feel for you.

You are not going on so don't think that. We are all here to support you.

Why don't you see who is covering for her?

Please come and talk to us, we are here for you so you say as much as you want to us and you are not moaning either so please don't think that.

Sending a big ((((((((())))))) to you

Love Trish xxxxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I haven't made any sloe gin this year, still have 2 bottles from 2 years ago........should think it's lethal by now, but if we have a hard winter, gonna try it!

I'll save a bottle for you, Lupin.

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    reading this made me sad then i thought to heck with it give me a drink they say it helps let try it val
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    I haven't made any sloe gin this year, still have 2 bottles from 2 years ago........should think it's lethal by now, but if we have a hard winter, gonna try it!

I'll save a bottle for you, Lupin.

Annie
    Can I ome too please

Hope you are ok Annie and Lupin, you must be really down after all that, sounds so complicated. Hope you can sort it all out in your head soon, if not, we'll keep listening.

Joy
  • lupin15
    Options
    Thanks all i am going to ring my breast nurse today to see whether i can get hold of her. Bless her she is rushed off her feet. Will discuss meds with her. Very grounded and listens well plus has ways of getting things sorted....talks dirrect with oncol and then with my doctors practise. Today is another day. Thanks all for listening. :):):):):)
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    Morning lupin i hope you get to speak to your nurse today and things get sorted for you, and i hope today is a better day alround

coco xx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Lupin
    Poor you!
    Why do some GPs not listen to us patients Im lucky mines really good well he was but hes taken early retirement ! he assures me the others are just as good as he My 10min appointment usually ended up a 20min appointment!
    I thought being overwieght & not exercising causes arthritis thats what my rheumatologist said to me & that i need to lose wieght & exercise more!
    I think you are really brave & well done beating cancer twice
    2 of my friends beat it last year they are in their early 40s & 2 of my friends are about to battle it now 1 is having her operation tomorrow
    I hope they have your strenght to fight it
    Keep strong
    Best wishes
    Maria x
  • lupin15
    Options
    Hi folks...spoken with my breast nurse and explained what has been happening. She went and spoke to the oncol and he has said it is fine to change drugs and put me onto a completely different one but this one does not cause stomach issue... All this sorted in less than 3/4 hour impressive eh. The breast nurse has phoned the doctors and my new prescription will be ready for tomorrow. Oncol has said that if my stomach does not improve or gets worse i should have tests done.
    Should take around 6/8 weeks to feel any effects but i can live with that...i am sure it is the meds...heres hoping i am right.
    Will see what the other doctor has to say in two weeks time...watch this space.
  • lupin15
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Lupin
    Poor you!
    Why do some GPs not listen to us patients Im lucky mines really good well he was but hes taken early retirement ! he assures me the others are just as good as he My 10min appointment usually ended up a 20min appointment!
    I thought being overwieght & not exercising causes arthritis thats what my rheumatologist said to me & that i need to lose wieght & exercise more!
    I think you are really brave & well done beating cancer twice
    2 of my friends beat it last year they are in their early 40s & 2 of my friends are about to battle it now 1 is having her operation tomorrow
    I hope they have your strenght to fight it
    Keep strong
    Best wishes
    Maria x

Hi Good luck to your friends and i hope all goes well for them. The best advise i can give you as a friend is follow their lead. Some people want to talk others like to bury their heads in the sand and not say a word. Just be there for them. They are lucky to have you as a friend...