A trip in an ambulance

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 22. Oct 2010, 05:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Everyone
Just thought it was time I started posting again
Had a trip to hospital with the paramedics!
It happened on my birthday no I wasnt drunk!
I had intense pain in my left shoulder that radiated across my chest to right shoulder getting so bad I couldnt breathe so...
03.30 in morning couldnt bear it any longer tramadol hadnt worked had to wake Hubby who went white as a sheet!
Im trying to reassure him its not my heart whilst calling the out of hrs GP service.
When I got through I explained my symtoms told her it wasnt my heart she put me throuhg to a qualified nusre I explained it all again trying to breathe the best I could whilst Hubby was getting paler by the minute she then explained she was going to send a paramedic out! Hell I was in my tatty pjs! So while shes telling me to sit down & relax I was trying to put on clean underwear & decent pjs!
Paramedic arrived did usual blood pressure & ECG all normal asked my my medical history etc I told him I was a nurse whilst this was happening a 2 man crew arrived to take me to hospital! Im saying but im ok & its not my heart (typical nurse always knows better! I said can I walk to ambulance im ok they said yes .
Then my daughter came down all of a panic so im trying to reassure her im ok & dads coming with me & not to worry as im heading out the door!
More ecgs in ambulance all normal so when we got to A&E I was allowed to walk it!
Luckily it was quiet so straight in mfurther ecg then bloods & chest xray showing only arthritic changes in my chest area so at 7am was allowed home so had to walk across the carpark in fluffy dressing gown & slippers!
When I got home my daughter was still up bless her even though we had rung to say I was ok! So she came back to bed with me! My son slept through the whole thing !Typical & I never did get anything else for the pain which eased after 2 days
So it was an eventful Birthday!

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well Happy belated Birthday, it sure could have gone better eh?
    Hope you're ok now.
    Sounds like you have a caring daughter and, erm, sleepy son lol..

Be well

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    what a birthday, you wont forget that one in a while, im glad you are ok now, happy belated birthday,

why is it no matter how ill we feel we always reach for clean knickers and p'js at the first mention of a dr comming out or the ambulance lol,

hope you are feeling better now

coco xx
  • maria09
    Options
    Its a woman thing!
    Even though I know it doesnt matter to the nurses it matters to us ladies
    My mum always says never go out in your old knickers on just in case you get knocked down!
    Maria x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Maria
    Gosh , I am so glad you are ok....what a way to celebrate your birthday :) sorry but I had to laugh...its a few years ago now that i had to send for ambulance..well not me.. OH..but I did the same trying to make myself look presentable..the paramedics knew what i had been doing...he said do you normally wear everything inside out :oops: :oops: :)
    You try and take it easy.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Maria
    Gosh , I am so glad you are ok....what a way to celebrate your birthday :) sorry but I had to laugh...its a few years ago now that i had to send for ambulance..well not me.. OH..but I did the same trying to make myself look presentable..the paramedics knew what i had been doing...he said do you normally wear everything inside out :oops: :oops: :)
    You try and take it easy.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Now that made me laugh at least i had put everything on the right way & luckily my hair didnt need washing otherwise I would have don that too :lol:
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Mario happy belated birthday, I doubt you will forget that one. My sons would probably sleep through it all too. Going to keep a decent pair of pjs at the side of my bed just in case :lol:
    Glad you are feeling better.

Jules x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    where are my good pjs will have to find them now before bed just incase did make me smile thanks for sharing it with us but sorry you had to go through it val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Oh dear, Maria, what a way to celebrate your birthday :!: :shock:

I'm so glad that you returned home safely after your 'adventure' :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Sorry to read of your frightening, eventful birthday but so glad you are okay now.

I am with you on the pyjamas but it takes us so long to get redressed there was a danger of the paramedic walking in on you!

I once had to get changed , OH was helping me and just got one lot off when there is a knock at the door. Next thing I hear is yep go on up she is upstairs! Flippin hell did I have to hobble quick to the bathroom door!(it was my friend).
    Men....
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein