my life since Ive been off line

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 22. Oct 2010, 07:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All
Well as most of you know I had a written warning for my sickness because Id gone over the 3.9% threshold mine was 4.9% which for some one having Arthur in most joints is good going!
Went to appeal & lost
Managed 6months with out a day off
In sept had a bout of severe pain in shoulders & chest see previous post on my escapades
So had 1 day off for that back to work again
Had 2 lovely weeks off clearing out the garage!
Then back to work had a meltdown so had 4wks off sick Im now back at work & getting there
Had meeting with HR & my boss & guess what we have a human HR person really nice easy to talk to who listened to all my concerns a much more pleasant atmosphere than with the evil witch last time!
So ive now got counselling booked for my blip & happy pills for awhile
So Children wise my daughter did really well in her GCEs 7 A* 3As & distinction in ICT & has now started college doing 4 A levels
God knows where she gets her brains from as it aint me!
Sons now in year 10 doing some parts of his GCSEs still playing guitar & has his own band & also still playing rugby with no injuries so far
Hubby still looking after me & doing all the cooking
Arthurs been an absolute devil but whats new we are all in the same boat
So thats me in a nutshell
Hope everyones doing well
Maria x

Comments

• dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi it sounds like things are looking a bit brigther for you?
    Its good that you have someone to talk to at work. I used to work in an office and doesn't it make a lot of difference when you feel like you have someone on your side.
    Congratulations to your daughter for the amazing results and to your son also, who both sound like they've got level heads on their shoulders. You must have brought them up well.
    Having a supportive partner at home makes alot of differenced as well, you're very lucky.

Hope things keep getting brighter for you x
  • maria09
    Options
    Thank you so much for your posting. I know im really lucky I do have a lovely family. My parents are both 75 & help me with my cleaning & tell me off when I try to do things but I need to keep myself active. My children are amazing Im so proud of them! My son is the best hugger in the world & for 14 hes not embarassed to give me hugs when his mates are around! Bless him!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hi Maria

amazing that - despite it all you are still sounding well-chirpy :shock:

Kids are doing well though and that means a lot doesn't it?

I have two who are now in year 11 and the youngest just started year 8. Hoping the two in year 11 do ok in their GCSEs this year, but dreading 'study leave' with two of them off and me :? All of mine are girls too :)

Glad work are being so much nicer - wouldn't it be good if they were all like that :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Maria,

Its so god to see you and well done to your kids, you must be some proud of them :D

Blips flower.... I had a big one in 2000 and got counseling cus of it and then got private counselling. Poor councillors though... well FMD came in the middle of it and I discovered what real falling apart meant :lol::lol: They put up with me though and more importantly they really help me get my head round this shift health stuff.

You have to see one you can trust and gel with so if you don't try and see someone else cus its really good to just be able to say how you feel! In the real world we often can't and its a big build up and has to come out somewhere.

Hey I hope your not going to do the disappearing thing again? Its good to see you flower and I so hope things get easier for you. Cris x
  • maria09
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Maria,

Its so god to see you and well done to your kids, you must be some proud of them :D

Blips flower.... I had a big one in 2000 and got counseling cus of it and then got private counselling. Poor councillors though... well FMD came in the middle of it and I discovered what real falling apart meant :lol::lol: They put up with me though and more importantly they really help me get my head round this shift health stuff.

You have to see one you can trust and gel with so if you don't try and see someone else cus its really good to just be able to say how you feel! In the real world we often can't and its a big build up and has to come out somewhere.

Hey I hope your not going to do the disappearing thing again? Its good to see you flower and I so hope things get easier for you. Cris x
    Its good to be back & thank you for your support.My 1st session is on Wed morning I met her last wed she seems really nice easy to talk to not judgemental. I saw I about 10yrs ago & didnt feel comfortable It feels different this time so heres hoping. I will let you know how I get on x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Maria
    Its so good to read your post, what a lovely family you have, and dont forget we are always here for one another.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Maria,

Oh that sounds much more encouraging than the last one you saw 10 year back :D You ever do visualization? that's what got me out the cell.... but if you do 'see' this flower and know your not really alone how ever much it feels like it.
    Good luck Wednesday and lease don't disappear cus I will juts worry about you again :wink: Sending a ((( ))) and a ton of hopes. Cris xx