Re:Cars

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 22. Oct 2010, 08:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
OK what's the best car you have ever had and why?

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I did love my picasso, it was easy to get in and out of, great mileage, 2.0litre diesel.. And plenty of room...

The price on the new ones is ridiculous now though..

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    My very first car ever was a Capri MK 1, in 1969. I absolutely adored that car. It was totally different to anything else on the road at the time, so futuristic. My kids called it Mum`s Hot Wheels.

Later, in the seventies, I had the MK 11, which was a safer car, I think, with better all round visibility, but I missed my MK 1.......Ange.x.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    1968 MKII Mini Cooper S. Full roll cage, twin fuel tanks, straight cut gear box, racing exhaust, wheel spacers, fireproofed drivers compartment, twin instrument layout, Recaro Rally seats and Stage II tuned.

120mph in a Mini is absobloodyamazing especially when it corners as if it's on rails.

Closely followed by a MKII Lotus Cortina with a V6 3 litre engine, Corsair gearbox, uprated suspension and Lotus paraphernalia removed and plain steel wheels, a real Q car that scared the c**p out of me.

Thought you had a yellow robin reliant????? :P
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Delboy
    Wow, I used to own a Mini 1000, nothing special, and bits keept falling off it, but still remember it with much admiration. ( it did leek a lot of oil fron the sump). Alanmancunian

I had one too Alan

I remember one journey up the M1 one windscreen wiper flew off and the bonnet popped open - then

got home and the brakes went - as I parked. I loved that car....sigh :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    We used to have a skoda :oops: but then we got a cortina...and we loved it.
    Barbarax
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Options
    Well the old style Mini is still cool never owned one but have always had a soft spot for them, I liked me old 1966 Series 2 Land rover but the novelty of working on it ever weekend got to me, I really needed a garage with a pit and not a gravel driveway.
    If I had to chose a modern car then I'm happy with me Rav 2L diesel, that said next car will probably be a Nissan note.

Oh and has anyone got funny sayings regarding cars, I only know of 3 these are,

a)Ford=fix or repair daily.

b)Lotus=Loads of trouble usually serious.

c)BMW=?, nope can't post this it's rude and by the liberal might be seen as a tad racist, which it's not really.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Ford Granada.It was like travelling in your armchair Drove all over Europe in it The classic journey was from Liverpool to Lisbon 8)
  • mellman01
    Options
    corsa,1.4 5 door,went like a dream strieght onto my neiboughrs drive when i was poorly last year and needed the money :( , 3 bag of sh**s later while looking at it daily now i have a new nissan and so far she is brill to drive and will hopfully last me years :wink:

Corsa flippin Corsa!, ye gods noooooooooo!, now Nissan is better much much better pixy.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    minis are easy to push when 7 months pregnant speak from experiance lol
    val
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Just pipping my Range Rover which was soooooo comfortable, was my Toyota Supra, a bit tight to get in, but had space, comfort and was a true 0-60 in 5 secs, 180mph Supercar.

See a similar one at http://ww3.tiki.ne.jp/~h-kusu/supra/supra_photo2006_11_4.jpg

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Mel,

I keep meaning to ask how your doing?

Oh this is difficult......

I learned to drive in a series 2 Land Rover and she was then my first car..... She served me well till the king pins went..... They have problem and she worked hard ...... she was fixed but I sold her cus she wasn't too good at mot's....... you know I still know her registration even after ll these years :wink:

Best to drive for me was a Sovereign and a Triumph PI..... oh and an Audi was lovely... sold it to my brother and he somehow blew it up! :shock:

I have had a lot of cars and well the best.... a Nissan LWB Patrol is the winner.... hell she worked and was really big.... I like big cars and well this one I got now, its an Avensis might have to come close to the top as well...

I borrowed an MGB GT and you know what you have to be taller to appreciate it :lol::lol: Mind I also borrowed a MGB and that was not designed for such tall people ...... with the top down I have to say I liked that! Poser eh? Well Mel I was young......

I drove a 5.3 convertible Jag.... oh Mel now that was a car... Bonnet lifted about 6' if you floored it.....

I used to like driving the old transit ambulances as well... they are actually quite comfortable and easy to handle at speed.....

Didn't like the CF's cus well Mel they had a history of going over in speed and corers......

Took a JU onto the skid pan and you what that was real fun.... I was one of the few who could do a herringbone :D We had races to see who could skid it so long it hit the grass... I won cus like my old truck you had to double declutch it and not many people know how or can do that...... The guys on the course didn't like it at all....

Skid pans are a good way top play and yes we were there to learn how to stop them :lol::lol::lol:

You take care Mel and hi to the family. Cris xx
  • saggyoldbagpuss
    saggyoldbagpuss Member Posts: 55
    Options
    reading the above did make me laugh! well here's one for you all.

My very very first car was! Yep a Purple Robin Reliant.......Aaaaargh!

My mum thought she would buy me a car for my 18th birthday - sitting in her lounge on my 18th she passed me a box and inside were the keys to my dream car (or so I thought). "it's outside" she said, I couldn't wait ran from the house all excited looking to see what I had (GULP) there it is? well right there (i wanted the ground to open) OMG! a PURPLE ROBIN RELIANT! now i laugh (we all do even mum) but I had the keys? and I had to take it for a spin! best present ever as it still makes me laugh...although at the time, well! what would your reaction be?

Needless to say I didn't own it for long but I did own it!
    Hoping this makes you all smile.
    Take care
    Saggy!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I loved my Fiesta. We went everywhere together. It got me through my painful divorce as I was able to get away from the awful, nit-picking letters from the ex and his solicitor. I would drive 400-500 miles for a weekend partying.Anywhere to forget the pain.
    It smelt of ****, Lynx and sweets. The floor was ankle deep in sweet papers.

Once had a Ford Sierra Cosworth RS 500 which was fast....but very uncomfortable. Sadly it was stolen and burnt out. If I get some spare cash I would buy another for memories sake.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Well the old style Mini is still cool never owned one but have always had a soft spot for them, I liked me old 1966 Series 2 Land rover but the novelty of working on it ever weekend got to me, I really needed a garage with a pit and not a gravel driveway.
    If I had to chose a modern car then I'm happy with me Rav 2L diesel, that said next car will probably be a Nissan note.

Oh and has anyone got funny sayings regarding cars, I only know of 3 these are,

a)Ford=fix or repair daily.

b)Lotus=Loads of trouble usually serious.

c)BMW=?, nope can't post this it's rude and by the liberal might be seen as a tad racist, which it's not really.

Just getting rid of our Nissan note. Don't rate it at all Mell.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    I'm still on my first ever car....its a lovely 1.3l thunder grey toyota yaris, I've had it since new and haven't regretted it. I love it, its petite but still has a bit of oomf , a bit like me really :wink:

I have also since bought a red 2litre Audi A4 with my husband but only drive that on odd occasions as although I love how it goes when I put my foot down its too heavy for me everyday.

I would however like an Audi R8 but besides the fact i'd need thousands of pounds more than I'm ever likely to have, I suspect i'd need to lose the RA in order to be able to get in or out of it let alone drive it :roll:
    Chrissie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh Saggy that's good :lol:

Hey my old car was so bad she got over taken on a hill by a relent :lol: So embarrassing... did catch it though cus once on the flat she could move again :lol::lol: Cris x

Oh re the old mini's...... I never did an rta with one of those that wasn't a fatal so.... they explode outwards, the doors come off and the seats shear...... I honestly hope you don't really go get one.....