Rheummy Appt

Options
annebr
annebr Member Posts: 730
edited 22. Oct 2010, 05:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had quite a successful appointment this afternoon. She has given me Amitriptyline to help with Fibromygalia (spelling) pains. She is testing me for coeliacs & sjogren's syndrome.

All in all quite positive.

Anne

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Great news Anne

The amitriptiline does take time to work, so don't be disappointed if it doesn't work straight away. But by the good posts on here about it, it sounds fab when it does!

Janie xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh lovely, a positive appointment for you!

I'm query fibro and my Rheumy started me on amytrip in July....they have been worth their weight in gold to me. I found it took about 3 weeks before I was getting the benefits fully.

I expect to be told (in 10 days, gulp) that it is Fibro but what else he will say I have is something that could keep me awake if I let it.
    Have had more blood tests than hot dinners lately........hope it all means something positive.

Annie
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    At last, it seems as if you are getting the results you need Anne. That alone will make you feel better.

NOW, forget all about everything, get a good nights sleep, then grab Allan, and go and have that holiday of a lifetime......Take care of each other.....Much love......Ange.x.
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    That seems like a lovely idea Ange :D

you go for it Anne.

I hope you feeling better this evening i know what this fibro is like!!

Rose x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Anne,

I am sorry I missed this one earlier... my eyes are not so good today....

Flower they are starting to help you at last and with luck the Ampiwots it will help. Not sleeping is akin to self destruct! Kinda know that one....

You just stick it a a box for a min an really enjoy your self. You were ok in was Belgium last year? You going to love the New York one!

I saw the gastro's didn't find anything? Well in some ways that's good.... I really hope it all stays calm for you and you get a break of good luck for a long time to come.Sending you a bucket of hopes and a special enjoy your holiday draft and before you go we have to for you an early happy birthday post! Love and a (((( )))) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hi Anne

I am so pleased to hear hwo well you got on.

The amitrip should help no end - they have for me :)

I quite like Ange's idea too :wink:

Love

Toni xx

PS the tests are wise arent they? as a precaution