Re:viva la resistance

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 23. Oct 2010, 05:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well I'll give the French one thing they know how to complain, their retirement age is only going up from 60 to 62, well if Nicolas Sarkozy gets his way, and all hell breaks lose.
But not here!, it's gone up to 66 and they are already warning it will go higher and what do we do?, F all, what happened to our fire where has it gone?. now even the lyrics to the song rule Britannia seem to be mocking us and I quote,

Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

We don't rule anything any more not even our own destiny, "Britons never shall be slaves" your having a laugh aren't you, I think that should read Britons never shall be allowed to do anything their political masters(dictators) allow them to, and will be kept in poverty so they wont have the spleen to stand up for their freedom, keep them poor over worked and hungry and they will be as compliant as a small puppy, if you can do this you've got them by the balls.

Flippin heck I'm right off on one tonight, maybe it was the poor woman on C4 news who had arthritis so bad she needs oxygen to get about, they are going to make her pay for the home help she needs although she has little money.
I't been said you can tell how good a society is by the way it treats it's sick and it's old, hmmm, that makes George Osborne sort of a reverse robin Hood, we all thought this time maybe just maybe they will target those who live amongst us who milk the system and cause a majority of the social ill's, but as usual it's the other way round, even the Police are at it these day's, treat the scum who cause all the problems like victims and treat the victims like time wasters, oh and fine those who can pay and don't go anywhere near anyone who's violent just be nice to them so they will go away for a bit and leave us to speed trap all the nasty law abiding tax payers so we can milk a few more bob out of them so we can have a nice new helicopter that we can fly about at night in waking them all up.

Comments

• roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :lol:
    I did have to laugh at the helicopter. What you have said is quite true

The french know how to get ppl listening, good on them i say!

Rose x
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Your right there Mell.
    were are our protests?
    Nope everyone will just take it on the chin & get on with things :roll:
    debs
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    What I can't understand is if everyone is going to have to work until they are nearly 70, where are the jobs for the young people going to come from :?: If there aren't the jobs, there will be more unemployment and then it will probably cost a lot more in benefits.

Maths never was my strong point, but (Old plus Jobs) = (Young minus Jobs) = Misery for all.

I can work that out, and I didn't go to Oxford, so why can't George :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    I must admit i cannot work out were the jobs are going to come from either. None of it adds up unless they are expecting the older generation to do part time jobs...My eldest has been to university and would love to be a lecture but the true is you have to wait for someone to fall of the perch before the jobs come up, he is however working teacing in 6 form college but were does that leave him with his PHD (I am soooo proud of him :):):):):):):) ). I have a lad who is at college doing vehicle mechanic and he can not get an apprenticeship . Poor lad does the rounds of the garages but noone is taking them on. Mind you he has found a part time job in a garage and has bought his first old car to do up and sell....i think he has enough get up and go to make money but that is not the point.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    I did recent history in grammar school One thing I learned that in the late 18th century,if the government wanted to bring in an unpopular measure they would leak it out and if there were no riots they would take that as a seal of approval and go ahead.Perhaps that would be a good idea to follow today It seems to work in France.Vive la Republique 8)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I Have been letting the spending review sink in....
    They are going to restrict ESA benefits to a year. So if you are still ill after a year, which is likely for many people, and you haven't been able to find a job during that time, which is also likely, are you to be left with no money at all- homeless, cold and hungry?
    If you are looking for a job but can't get one will you still be cut off from benefits after a year? Or is the fact you are looking and attending interviews enough to qualify you for benefits after the year.

Lord help us.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    As Joan and others say where are all the jobs coming from anyway?, bottom line is there aren't any, well none that will pay a decent wage and most of those go to jam roles who will do it for less then the minimum wage that is, bottom line it's what those in the CBI want as it drives up profits, now here we are having to all take a bloody big hit for something that we didn't do, in fact many of us were warning things are unsustainable but no one listened to us.
    Good God it didn't take flippin Einstine to work out that borrowing by them and many of us was out of control yet Brown used this to have a metaphorical piss up as the ship was sinking, if we have such a problem with debt then who should pay, rightly those that took us there the banks, but seeming banks and government sleep together there's no way the powers that be are going to let their **** take the wrap so instead they pay them even more cash for services rendered and send the bill to us, and then rub salt into the wound by making us all responsible and constantly reminding us "were all in this together, like hell we are, nothing has changed for me I only have a small mortgage never borrowed loads at a silly interest rate so don't blame me.
    And if they wanted to weed out the ones who are taking the piss regarding DLA and benefits in general then go after them as they know who they are, but this is to much of an opportunity to miss so instead of a surgical strike on the worst buggers they resort to blanket bombing the whole bloody thing and hide behind a cloak collective responsibility, funny as those who are milking it wont be reasoned with and will use the threat of violence to get what they want and the social worker sitting the other side of the counter at the local DHSS will give them it just to get them out of the office, and instead focus on us as we aren't a threat and will be compliant.
    Nope we are screwed and now facing a big cut in our lifeline and all because they can't be arsed too sort out the very mess they made.
    And if you look around you now the country is slowly falling apart, shops are left derelict in our high streets the roads and pavements are full of holes, there's litter all over the place and crime is getting worse, don't let them tell you otherwise, when you were kids did you ever hear of shootings and stabbings, or the mutilated remains of voodoo rituals human sacrifices being dragged out of the Thames in London.
    Or come to think of it we did have the IRA but at least they would phone a warning in and they weren't stupid enough to try their hand at suicide bombings, and now we have the crazy reality of terrorists living here amongst us off state handouts which allow's them all the time in the world to plan the next big one, if this is progress then I'm a turnip!.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    With you 100% Mell. Maybe we shouldn't be compliant anymore?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth, but what to do, if we all went to London they would set the riot police on us for sure, but from what I can see this crap is only going to hurt those who are really in need, the scroungers will get away with it and only the innocent will carry the can, can anyone imagine the state cutting benefits on some of the sink water estates in inner London?, I can't there would be a riot but they will pick on any others they can especially if they know they wont argue, path of least resistance is always the way they go.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Seems the Unions are now starting to stir regarding street protests to the cuts, why the hell should we all be made to pay for the mess New Labour and the banks visited on us, just because they were voted in in the first place doesn't mean that we should feel at all guilty or responsible for the mess, most of the blame goes to the bankers who even now are getting even fatter while we are being forced to eat gruel.
    BANG!!!!, bloody spleen!! :mrgreen: