Good luck Louise (Psyart I think)

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 23. Oct 2010, 18:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Louise,

Just lining up to do pocket duties today.... I shall kip in there now so shake it a you go in and i will wake up I promise...

Flower I so hope he helps you. You know he is one of the best listeners I have ever come across and the guy actually understands frustration and sadness at what its doing to you.

Be honest Louise and see if he will change you from gabapentin to pregabalin.... they are much better flower.

leaving you a (((((((((( ))))))))) and so many hopes it goes well. Love Cris xxx

Had to edit it sorry Flower my eyes are rubbish! More good luck Maid and so much hopes...... xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Count me in too: thinking of you, psyart. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Louise
    You can count me in, you make sure you take a list of everything you want to ask.
    Sending you my very best wishes, and let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi louise

Count me in . I am amazed I haven't missed the bus.

Good luck

JuliePF x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Louise

thinking of you too! hope all goes well for you :D

love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Good luck from me too Louise. :D

I'm running after the bus! sorry to be late. :oops:

Iris xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hey Iris its a horse and cart so you caught it :wink: xx

Hi Louise,

Thanks for shaking the pocket I am awake now :lol: Really got everything crossed for you flower. Love and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    am i to late had bad night then hed to do good deed for oh so just getting to this have got sandwiches cheese and also egg val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Poooh!!!

What IS that smell?

Oh it's Val's eggy butties :lol:e015.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Should think the horse and cart is on it's way back by now.....but I hope it went all right for you Louise and you got the answers and treatment you need. Do let us know.

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope it went well for you. Take care. DD
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi, hope you had a good appointment.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    edited 23. Oct 2010, 04:30
    Options
    I AM PUTTING THIS IN BIG LETTERS AS I HAVE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR POSTING ON THIS ONE :!: :!: XX

A BIG THANK YOU TO CRIS FOR STARTING IT AND A ((((((BIG HUG))))) :)

I wondered what the weight of goodness was in my pocket :!:

thats why we are always there for you Cris as you are always there for us no matter how bad you days or nights are - I was so supprised to see my name there but thank you so very much!! xx -

And he was lovely and a good listener :!: He has put me on Sulfasalazine :?: He thinks that the Gabapentin is helping the fibromalga :?: but not touching the PA :!: :cry: . We think it was a mistake for me to come off the Methx - but I have said to him I will only go back on that if nothing else works cause of the nausa side effects 4/5 days a week - and after 16months like that you feel you have had enough :cry: . Told him that the pain is now all in my hands, my shoulders are that bad that I have to sleep on my back a night, my knees are hurting as well as my elbows :!: I didnt cry - to my suprise as today has not been a good day - but he understood :!: And having someone look at you and beleiving you is so good. I dont look ill - i have no swelling or disfiguation - but the pain is really getting me down :cry: also have lot stiffness and weakness in hands :cry:

So I am to start Sulpasalazine straight away - with the Gabapentin and if I feel that Gabapentin is not working properly then he has said to go on the Pregablin - he will write to my doctor so I can go there and get it. Then he wants so see me in 3 months.

i have to admit I am a bit anxious about it - as I was so bad on Methx - even on the injections - then I do worry - but I will try anything - especially now with the pain being so bad :cry: . I am on 1800 gabapentin, co-codomol 4 times a day and tramadol 2 times a day and at night - so am rattling like a bottle of pills :!:

THANK YOU AGAIN ALL OF YOU FOR BEING THERE IN MIND IF NOT IN BODY :!: :!: I really do appriciate your kind words xx - they are kissess - yes even for you DD :!: :wink:

take care everyone - Cris that means you as well - please take care of yourself - I have come to think of you as a cyber friend :!:

loads (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Louise xxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    edited 23. Oct 2010, 05:11
    Options
    Oh strewth: hugs are bad enough but kisses?! :shock: :D
    (I hope you understand that this is not refusing them, it was typed with affection.)

Sulphasalazine: lovely orangey-yellow pills leading to lovely orangey-yellow wee. I have had no problems on sulpha (apart from quite severe initial bruising) but that faded after a few weeks. I am glad he listened, I will read your post again tomorrow and see if anything else occurs: I am too tired to see and type straight! Take care, psyart, this is sounding like a plan and plans are good! I wish you well. DD
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    sorry not been about much today, im glad you had a good day and your getting sorted, if id have known, your pocket would have been a bit heavier as id have beenh in there also.

coco xx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Loiuse,Im sorry i wasnt there for you yesterday.
    Im glad youve seen somebody that has listen & trying to help you get the pain under control.
    I changed from the gabapentin to the pregabalins & there amazing.
    it has helped with the muscle stiffness & it makes all the burning,tickling & stabbing pains in my neck & back bearable. (sorry i have Fibro too)
    I still have alot of pain but its more copeable now.
    I hope you start to feel better soon.
    Take care, debs
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Louise,

Sorry I was not around yesterday but I wanted to say how glad I am that you felt so comfortable with your rheumy appointment.
    Good luck with the sulpa and I hope you feel the benefit soon. I have read that MTX can be totally different the 2nd time around but hopefully you will not have to make that decision for a while.
    At least they a keeping an eye on you and with luck the pain killers will help you have a better night’s sleep.

Lv, Ix
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Louise,

Oh isn't he nice! Bless him he really does see you as person and understands about frustration and sorry eh?

I really hope the sulfa helps, it dd me after it went high for a while but I got a reaction to it and that went on getting worse for months so now on the mtx. I don't react to that but its don't work either :lol:

Did you get to ask about the pain clinic side? i did kick inside your pocket to remind you but with this lot and the sheep you might not have noticed :lol::lol:

Think you are two Maid so you take care and really hope things will start to improve for you very soon. Love and a ((((( ))))) Cris xxx