liverpool tours

Options
suegibb
suegibb Member Posts: 19
edited 23. Oct 2010, 18:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Not used the forum for a few months, but I do read it and it's nice to be back with a question that's not full of woe, pain, hospitals,!! :lol:

I am going to Liverpool soon with hubby for our wedding anniversary. I want to do the beatles tour(s) Mersey Ferry, Albert Dock etcetc but of course I expect it's loads and loads and loads of walking!! Any tips or ideas please? I have o/a knees, hands and achy hips and back. My friend who was at uni there has given me tips on where to go but doesn't know if any of the tours are disabled friendly, and if they are, how expensive!!! Some of the tours seem very dear. :|
Cheers all, have a good weekend
Sue XX

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Our Joan Lawson has just done this tour, and she loved it, why dont you send her a pm, just incase she dosnt see your thread.
    I hope you have a lovely time, tell us all about it wont you.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • suegibb
    suegibb Member Posts: 19
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Sue
    Our Joan Lawson has just done this tour, and she loved it, why dont you send her a pm, just incase she dosnt see your thread.
    I hope you have a lovely time, tell us all about it wont you.
    Love
    Barbara x

Thank you Barbara I will do that.
    Love
    Sue
    PS Sorry to be thick, how do I find Joan please :roll:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Go to chit chat look down the list and she has the word game, click on her name, and it will bring up her profile, click on send message, you have to give your message an heading or it wont go.
    Let me know if you have any trouble.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bevman
    bevman Member Posts: 107
    Options
    suegibb wrote:
    Hi all,
    Not used the forum for a few months, but I do read it and it's nice to be back with a question that's not full of woe, pain, hospitals,!! :lol:

I am going to Liverpool soon with hubby for our wedding anniversary. I want to do the beatles tour(s) Mersey Ferry, Albert Dock etcetc but of course I expect it's loads and loads and loads of walking!! Any tips or ideas please? I have o/a knees, hands and achy hips and back. My friend who was at uni there has given me tips on where to go but doesn't know if any of the tours are disabled friendly, and if they are, how expensive!!! Some of the tours seem very dear. :|
    Cheers all, have a good weekend
    Sue XX

Hi Sue
    i live in Liverpool and there is a duck tour that goes from the albert dock we took realetives from new york on it it is really good it takes you all around liverpool and starts at the albert dock i also no they do an open bus tour from the same place .
    there is plenty of parking at the albert dock but take care because if you park in the disabled bay you still have to pay .
    also in liverpool one they have a shop mobility that you can hire wheele cair ect.
    I dont no weather you no but there is a hotel i think it is called hard days night i have never been before but they do lunch i think.
    also there is the magical mystry tour bus that takes you to were john lenon was born and strawberry fields .
    the ferry terminal is quite a distance from the albert dock if you are not good at walking my husband has RA and would find it hard at a push .

anyway hope you enjoy your visit to our city if there is anything else i can help with just let me no
    Alison
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Hi Sue
    quite local to Liverpool myself.
    I am sure you will enjoy it.
    If you aim for the docks and Liverpool 1 (which is the brand new shopping area) you wont go wrong... they are virtually next to each other. Also the Echo Arena(for concerts etc) is there too.

As Alison says the Duck tour known locally as the "wacker quacker" is great.
    an amphibious craft which is yellow,,,,,,,,,,, (a take on the yellow submarine).
    There are 2 cathedrals both magnificent in their own right and wheel chair friendly with very different stories to tell!

There is fantastic architecture all with stories.
    Maritime museum also located at the docks.(thats where the Beatles story is located)
    Some of the Beatles tours are expensive ... The Beatles Story at the docks may suit you better if your mobility is limited.

Lovely Hotels along the Docks too!
    Theatres, restraunts China Town.

An amazing city hope you enjoy it! And your anniversary!
    When are you going?

:):):)