positive App with consultant !

Options
roses1
roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
edited 24. Oct 2010, 18:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
I thought i would share my positive appointment with you all !
I actually saw my consultant who i am under but who i hadnt seen before , had one of the other Dr's the last twice. Much prefer big chief :D

Well had me app this morning was in their ages got my monies worth :wink:

short version: He agreed the crutches are not helping my hands , he is going to do more tests, have ultra sound on hands wrists, and MRI for the rest of me, had blood done too . In 6 weeks time all that should be done and he will write to me and send me copies etc ( i didnt ask , he said he would do this ) if not heard anything from him i am to get in touch with his sec and he would chase it up but he was going to be on top of it anyway . Then when we have all the results we can come up with a plan !!
I asked him about sero neg RA as Toni mentioned it to me as my mom and her sis have RA :?
He also mentioned pain management told him i got an app already. This is for ways of dealing with the fibro, hmmm cant rember anything else but i was very happy with the app so at least we getting more tests done. :D

Rose x

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rose

Just to say how pleased I am that your appt went so well today! Sounds as if "heap big chief" is really on your side and that you are well on the way to having a plan!

So pleased for you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • roses1
    Options
    Thanx Tilly,

It does make you feel so much better knowing that you are being listened to and getting the tests and support that we all need.
    It is also nice to be able to share it with others to prove some consultants actually do care!

Hope you are doing ok ?

Rose x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That is all sounding good, roses1. I am pleased for you, let's hope the MRI etc all happens as planned and you don't have too much chasing up to do! It does help when someone listens, doesn't it? I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi again Rose (and hello DD!)

Yes I am doing well thanks. And you are so right about feeling listened to and getting the support you need. I have just found a wonderful consultant and it makes the world of difference doesn't it? And you are so right about sharing the positive news with others - just a shame that not all consultants are like ours eh? :wink:

Love Tillyxxx
  • roses1
    Options
    Thanx DD i hope so too! i must admit when i emailed before i had a quick response so fingerz crossed :wink:

Hi Tilly , glad you have a lovely consultant too and that you are doing well. Long may it reign :D

Rose x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Roses, that is great news. Now you have the big chief on your side... things should get moving. Keep us posted.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Roses,

It’s great when they take time to go through things with you. Looks like you are going to be busy with appointments over the next few weeks. Do you see him for your follow up appointment?

Good luck with it all.
    Lv, Ix
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Rose

Just wanted to call in and say it is so nice to see your positive post and to know that you felt listened to and supported. Hope all goes well with the tests and future appointments for you.
    take care
    Chris
  • roses1
    Options
    Hi,

Yes it is lovely when you have a bit of time to talk things through i will most definately keep you posted .

Thanx for the support and yes it will be him :D

Hope you are all doing okish :D

Rose x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Rose,

Glad it went reasonably well for you flower. The pain management will help too with luck. Good your keeping us posted but we would ask you if you didn't :wink: ((( ))) Cris xx
  • roses1
    Options
    Thanx chris,

I was wondering about leaving the pain clinic until i have these scans done to see what big chief says the dx is .

What do you think?

Rose x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Rose

I'm glad you had a good appt with your consultant. Do you see Dr Mulherin? :)

I'm seeing him on Thursday as an emergency, I hope I get sorted.

How are you?

We must sortr out our get together with Toni, but I'm not too good so hopefully soon?

Janie xx
  • roses1
    Options
    Hi Janie,

I am under Dr Mulherin but hadn't seen him until fri , hope he sorts you . i have sent you a PM :D

Rose x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Ok Rose

Janie x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Rose,

It might be better to wait and see what is going on before the pain clinic I guess? Mine was the other way around cus till the mri it was assumed it could be dealt with via surgery. I was so cheesed t be chucked to the pain clinic and yet she helps so much. Hey hoe your okish today? ((( ))) and a sunset over Botallick Cris xx
  • roses1
    Options
    Hi Chris,

:cry: got a cough and sore throat today :cry:

Lovely sunset thanx :D

Hope you doing ok too ? Have fun with Toni and co :D

((())) and a sunset back at ya :D

Rose x