Feeling worse than ever

Options
sunnyhours
sunnyhours Member Posts: 151
edited 23. Oct 2010, 19:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone!
Hope you are all feeling better than me today lol I'm having a ba case of the "flares" today...I'm a lefty and my left hand feels so stiff, it's like I only have one bone in that hand...and when I move it it feels like my bones are fractured inside...
My lower back feels about the same and my knees aren't any better...
I'm still in bed, at 12:30 which is quite frustrating for a 21 year old who has to move out next week...I've taken my celebrex but still no go... :(

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh. Not good. I just sent you a message saying I hoped you are OK - I'll go and delete it! So, you are in Flare City are you? I am so sorry, that is miserable and sometimes even the drugs won't help. Rest as much as you can, sunnyhours, I think it is the best way. I hope you are able to have a weekend off from work etc - how are the college plans coming along? Is it getting colder in Canada? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    Yes it is getting colder, winter is On it's way lol
    I'll have to take an appointment sooner as I am not sure if I can tough it out till the 14th of December...it's really hurting...especially in my left hand and my lower back...I get some kinda shocks from my hand through my wrist...kinda like sciatica but in my hand to my wrist...very weird and well, painful lol
    At least my mood is intact and I still got decent sleep, thanks to Serax (Oxazepam) hehe
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Sunnyhours,

sounds like bed is the best place to be. Rest up and ring around to see who can help you with the move. Offer the usual bribes - wine, takeaway!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    I'm actually thinking about what I can offer, but since I lost my job...money isn't exactly flowing, hehe...moving in itself is gonna be a problem, so I really don't see myself offering pizza to everyone lol
    These impulses are a bit worry some though since I've never experienced these...does any one else have these "sciatica shocks" radiating from their hand to the wrist?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sunnyhours
    I am so sorry you are suffering , I have OA but I do get the electrical shock down my legs, my GP says they are coming from my spine.
    But it is always safer to get yourself an appointment.
    I hope the move goes smoothly for you.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    sunnyhours wrote:
    I'm actually thinking about what I can offer, but since I lost my job...money isn't exactly flowing, hehe...moving in itself is gonna be a problem, so I really don't see myself offering pizza to everyone lol
    These impulses are a bit worry some though since I've never experienced these...does any one else have these "sciatica shocks" radiating from their hand to the wrist?

Hi sunny, I am not sure if it's quite the same but I do get these types of pains from the lower back of my hand down my wrist toward my body, very hot and sharp, it usually only happens when I am using the wrist though, when twisting something? It happened even when I was wringing the sponge out in the shower, so no real effort needed.. This is one of my newer complaints, and the rheumatologist put down sero-negative on the form??

I have been using wrist splints along with the pain meds, now on morphine but that's for the whole lot, back, legs, knees etc etc, osteo A included.. And also have been putting capsicum cream on them four times a day, now I think this can take a few wks to workl and I have only been using it for two so judgement being reserved on that..

I really hope that some of this might be a little help to you, if not than I got to moan to someone new, lol...

All the best,

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    Hi barbara!
    That's what I meant it's your sciatica nerve that gives you those "shocks"...I'm just unsure if it's normal with RA or maybe Lupus...
  • gemz10
    gemz10 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi sorry to hear u are feeling so bad

Hope u feel better soon and get lots of rest. I have RA but only recently so cant really offer any advice just wanted to offer some support.

As for bribes tell everyone to bring their own beer and pizza just provide the music and ch.airs,and have a welcome/house warming Good company should be enough for good friends and im sure they will all understand ur situation both physically and financially.

Gemz :) x
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    Hopefully that'll be enough...however, good friends are a rare thing to come by...
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    I even had to ask my friends to open stuff up for me today...it's the first time I have real difficulties with my hands...
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Sunny
    Sorry that you're not doing so well. I should have been a lefty but that was taken away from me by by teacher who refused to let me use my left hand to write. It was wrong but people weren't so wordly wise in the early 60s. My left knee was the first to go. Have you seen your consultant lately. I don't think this cold weather helps people who have arthur.

You are wise to stay in bed - hopefully you'll feel better in the next day or so. Can anyone help you move?

You're too young to suffer!

Take care.
    Sharmaine
    X

sunnyhours wrote:
    Hi everyone!
    Hope you are all feeling better than me today lol I'm having a ba case of the "flares" today...I'm a lefty and my left hand feels so stiff, it's like I only have one bone in that hand...and when I move it it feels like my bones are fractured inside...
    My lower back feels about the same and my knees aren't any better...
    I'm still in bed, at 12:30 which is quite frustrating for a 21 year old who has to move out next week...I've taken my celebrex but still no go... :(
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    I'm already better, my hands aren't so sore that I can't do anything, anymore...my knees hurt more, but that's because I had to go to the university to get some information about different programs and it's a long walk...
    Anyways, yeah, like you I'm having problems with my left knee more than I have with my left...it's not always an issue but on most days it is a concern...