Itching

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 25. Oct 2010, 19:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hip replacement satifactory No more pain getting around fine on my crutches Scar healing nicely One small problem ITCHING Just a small patch,not the scar but a patch of skin close to it.Aloe vera soothes for a while then back again Anyone else had this problem and what helped Any help out there PLEASE!!!!!! :?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Nerves are damaged during ops and this could be related to them coming back to life. Keep applying the aloe vera and just rub the affected area gently when it itches. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I would try to refrain from itching the area because of infection. As DD says it could be the nerves coming back to life and also the circulation improving in that area. Try cooling the area with ice or gel packs you can keep in the fridge/freezer.. What about using an anti itch cream or gel? Ask your pharmacist what he/she suggests.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Tonesp
    It is most likely to be just the healing proccess.
    Advice given here is to leave it dont apply anything not prescribed, ...try not to scratch/rub as this create the itch /scratch vicious circle..... let air get to it whenever possible.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Tonysp, how irritating. I'd try an ice pack. Hope this phase doesn't last long.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.