First Away Visit

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 27. Oct 2010, 11:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All

Ive been away for a few days, first time since op in march have been away from home which is lake district, i went with folks to Inverness....
On the whole wasnt too bad, some days just sat in car as too tired...However on saturday it was a lovely sunny day so went with sister out. We went over Kessock Bridge and it was lovely so decided to have a 10min walk, even took off coat as it was so hot....After that went to Lidl and Aldi then however went to TK Maxx which I do like but they didnt have any seats and after about 20mins was really tired and leg was giving way.....Was nearly about to go in changing rooms was so desperate but managed to somehow drape over railings as you walk in.......Sat in car for 20mins then went back in as wanted jacket.....Came out with folks and their car was bit away...My sister drives a jeep, mum couldnt get in back so I got my good leg in first and dragged in bad leg thinking how can i get out now im in....Next stop was Morrisons and I had to be semi hoisted down, grabbing every arm available, we laughed we all merited bb as dad has TKR and THR too.....Wasnt too bad but when stopped on journeys fgor loo was awful took ages to just stand and now my calf on bad leg is rock solid and sore....

Ive blabbed but wanted to say how i did...

Elainex

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    great to hear you got out and about and had some sunshine always helps well done val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Elaine
    Great to hear from you and about hopw you managed.
    You seem to have done well.....I mean TKMax....that is a step to far if you pardon the pun....I love it as well but it is so big.
    Well I take it you are home now and going to relax...You must feel a sense of acheivement.
    By the way.....did you get a scooter at all?

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hi Elaine
    My goodness what a trek, but you did it girl, I bet you feel a real sense of achievement after all that.
    Good on you
    Now make sure you take it easy till next time.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hopefully your family members saw how difficult everything was for you. I remember going to visit my daughter in Brighton, stopping every few shops for tea and rest. By the time I got to go back on the coach I had to be hoisted and pushed up. There was a point where I thought I'm not going to manage this I can't go home!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Val

The sunshine was nice but I was cream crackered!

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Hileena

I didnt get a scooter cos we didnt go near big shopping mall....I guess i thought there would be more chairs in shops but could only find cubes to sit on for shoes and some woman wanted to try on shoes and no other cubes was available so I had to move off it....
    I did well but really was pooped and am now recharging batteries...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    HI Barbara

Well yes i really did get put through mill and was nearly going to sit in some baskets in TK Maxx through sheer exhaustion....And was quite proud getting in jeep but did wonder if id come out the boot!!!

I managed...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Hi

I dont think they got it totally after I had to go sit in car for a bit to recoup, but then was okayish.......I could hardly get up on sunday as legs calf was rock hard, still must be good for my weak muscles, i suppose....

Elainex
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    Glad I found this....

was wondering where you were and was going to post a 'has anyone seen Elaine thread'

I reckon you did good :wink:

Well done

Toni xx ( was sol along for the ride?)
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Toni

Yes i was away last week from wednesday till sunday night....Sol came along for the trip and nearly got taken away by a big rocket!!! Will tell all.....

Nice to be missed :roll:

Elainex