Back to hospital tomorrow

Options
keira74
keira74 Member Posts: 32
edited 28. Oct 2010, 03:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Am back at hospital tomorrow to see if I can keep my knee brace off and if need be get something More suitable. I've bought a knee cushion which has made getting comfy at night easier. Just a shame my MS is playing up causing insomnia! My knee is cracking a fair bit and feels like it's on fire on and off through the day. Standing and walking are still a nightmare but I'm persevering.
Must remember to listen to what the doc says this time round.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow. Don't be afraid to take notes while the doctor talks - you cannot remember everything so just jot down the key words and phrases, enough to prompt your memory. Let us know how you get on, if you can. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hope you have a good appointment tomorrow and like DD says - make notes of important things doc says. A knack is also to stop him and repeat back what he has just said. Ie say something along the lines of, "Can I just verifying - you are saying ....."

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Keira,

I really hope it goes well for you tomorrow flower. Got everything crossed and I like that, they say things to me and with in the hour I have forgotten some of it. Taking notes could really help and have you got someone to go with as they might be able to help remember? Good luck and please let us know/ Cris x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Good luck
    Do you have someone that will go with you...I find that is a blessing....I take notes of things i want to ask them but to listen to them and write down answers at the same time......!!!!!!!!
    Hubby comes with me and if its someone we havent seen before he just says I'm her memory :lol: Its true......I'll remember all the things to ask because they are jotted down but I'll come out and say.....what did he say about that? etc etc

Love
    Hileena
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Just popping on to wish you good luck with today appointment.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

JuliePF x
  • keira74
    Options
    Well no more knee brace :). Back again in 4wks as they not happy with my knee. Referred to physio and was amazed to get an appointment for physio tomorrow. In 4wks if no improvement they sending me for an MRI.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi keira74
    I am so gald it went well for you, now sit down and have a cup of tea.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Glad you have got a physio appt so soon

Love
    Hileena
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Impressive morning!

You were to the hospital and back in next to no time!

Are you more comfortable without the knee brace?

Keep tomorrow clear as poss to rest up after physio. Four weeks isn't long to next appointment.

My physio says it takes at least 6 weeks of dedicated physio exercises before improvement is shown ... which reminds me, I have gone off the boil with my exercises of late - better get back in the habit of doing them again!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi Keira

Sounds like a plan. Hope the physio can help, but if they cant then an MRI makes total sense.

Well done

Love

Toni xx
  • keira74
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Impressive morning!

You were to the hospital and back in next to no time!

Are you more comfortable without the knee brace?

Keep tomorrow clear as poss to rest up after physio. Four weeks isn't long to next appointment.

My physio says it takes at least 6 weeks of dedicated physio exercises before improvement is shown ... which reminds me, I have gone off the boil with my exercises of late - better get back in the habit of doing them again!!

The brace is difficult to put on due to my MS so am best without it.
  • keira74
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Keira

Sounds like a plan. Hope the physio can help, but if they cant then an MRI makes total sense.

Well done

Love

Toni xx

Is an MRI usuual in arthritis cases? I've had 2 MRIs for my MS and hate them
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have had three MRIs (I think) and I have PA. All have been on my knees (2 on the left, 1 on the right), they are my worst affected joints to date, and they showed most clearly the damage to the surrounding tissues caused by the inflammation. They are a useful diagnostic tool. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • keira74
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I have had three MRIs (I think) and I have PA. All have been on my knees (2 on the left, 1 on the right), they are my worst affected joints to date, and they showed most clearly the damage to the surrounding tissues caused by the inflammation. They are a useful diagnostic tool. DD

Thanx. Am hoping the Physio helps.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Yes they are quite normal for arthritis....I've got OA and just had my 3rd one.....the one where my bra when for an MRI on its own :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Keira

Hope you are more comfortable without the brace and that the physio helps so you can avoid the MRI later since you are not a fan of them. I am intriqued by the question you raise about MRI 's for arthritis. I kinda assumed for my OA that locally they are always diagnosed by x rays only, perhaps because they are cheaper? I would quite like an MRI to see exactly what is happening.
    Try not to overdo things at the physio session and let us know how it goes when you can.
    take care
    Chris

Oops just had to call back in as I spelt my own name wrong!! :oops: Must be time I was in bed. :lol:
  • keira74
    Options
    physio has given me some gentle exercises to get movement back in my knee. She also advised me to use ice packs every couple of hours for 20mins. Back to physio in a week when she's hopeful of being able to do more for me. Now time for a cuppa and a rest.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    I hope the phisio works for you, at least it makes the cuppa taste all the better.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Keira,

It must be nice to rid of the brace? I hope the physio helps to get it moving and stronger for you soon as well. Everything always takes time flower but slow and sure and you will get there. Leaving a hope and another cuppa. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi Keira

MRIs are totally normal and the best method i think with arthritis - they show so much more than xrays.

Good luck with the physio - it hAS to be worth a try.

Love

toni xx