Neck woes

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 26. Oct 2010, 16:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
Now Cris, this is probably a question that you will be able to help me with :wink: I welcome any other ideas too from anyone else who thinks they can help.
I have had a swelling/lump on the left side of my neck (at the base of my skull) for 1 year now. When I'm stressed it gets worse, as does my pain in my jaw. I've always thought it was something to do with my OA. Drs have said various things but mostly that it's just a gland. Done bloods to rule out Non-Hodgkins too which came back fine.
With my 'popping' episode lately, I'm wondering if it's all related. The bit I'm talking about that popped out is just down from the swelling area.
Magenta x

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Eileen,

Ever repeating record here.... have you had it looked at yet :lol:

Flower I do get swelling come up both front and back of the neck... My epiglottis is double the normal size juts now and that's down to the pa. I get swelling into the base of the brain and then have a stammer and start forgetting where the words are ... but I also had a big head injury once and they don't know whats dong that as yet...... They say some of mine is all to do with muscle spasms and that's down to the useless bones BUT yours may be something else so ...... go on you know what I am saying :wink:

I know you see the rumo soon but best just t get it checked out ..... please...... mine wasn't it was ignored for 6 or more years, then xrayed and I was told it oa and then 3 years later it was mri'd by the rumo and pronounced too far gone for much intervention save supportive.

Like with your ankle keep a record and if its got swelling maybe take a photo it for the appointment with the rumo? I just hate thinking you could have something done but they are not helping cus been there got the t-shirt and its now its too late and knackered.....

You take it easy and if it is a gland... ask them why!

Sending you a good luck and bone draft and I think I personally might stop using horrible life shampoo...... :lol::lol: Get it looked at please..... I do worry about you and a good friend tells me it makes wrinkles and I got enough of them :wink: ((((( ))))) and love Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    skezier is right. We are not doctors and I think you need to see one. Anything like that, well, it's common sense to get it checked out. It doesn't sound too good - it may be something, it may be nothing but we don't have the knowledge! I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Eileen

poor you! Must be scary :(

I agree - if it IS a gland WHY??? good question there skez :wink: have you got OA in the neck too - i can't remember? :oops:

Hate to say it but this needs mentioning - haven't you got a rheumy apt due?

Love

Toni xx
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    You really should get a Dr to take a look. Even if it's nothing at least you have peace of mind.

I have a permanent lump on the right hand side of the back of my neck and 3 others (2 left and 1 right) come up at times. I have had it checked and in my case it's the lymph node that is swollen. They are part of the immune system and are enlarged when your immune system is active. In fact it has become my early warning sign that I might have an infection!

Either way, you need to have it checked out to make sure it's nothing to worry about. It's probably nothing but wouldn't you like to be told that by someone who's qualified to say so?

xx