HA (viscosupplementation) Injection into OA ankle joint

Options
sturge8
sturge8 Member Posts: 164
edited 9. Dec 2010, 18:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone had this kind of injection to relieve OA pain? I had a HA injection last Thursday in my ankle joint and although it has provided better pain relief than Celebrex and Naprosyn, the outcome hasn't been as good as I thought. Does anyone know how long pain relief will last from such injection?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sturge

I hadnt heard of this so I googled it and thought it sounds a postive way forward. How often are you allowed them? Is it maybe a case of needing to build up or was it a one-off?

I have only had the corsizone ones

Best wishes

Toni xx
  • sturge8
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Sturge

I hadnt heard of this so I googled it and thought it sounds a postive way forward. How often are you allowed them? Is it maybe a case of needing to build up or was it a one-off?

I have only had the corsizone ones

Best wishes

Toni xx

Hi Toni

I wish the pain relief which I have got from the injection was more. For me its only a marginal improvement. I am not so sure how often you can have them. I may go back and ask for another injection in the new year, second time lucky perhaps. Why don't you try it for yourself. It might help. I have had no improvement from the steroid injections.
  • sturge8
    Options
    Just had a top up injection with xray guidance, the results are good. Had it done for free on the NHS. I would suggest to anyone to give it a try. It could help you. My ortho said he can repeat the injection when I need, as they are safe.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm glad it's helped, sturge. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Sturge

That is good news I am so pleased for you.

This is information I will pass on to my Sister too as she has ankle issues.

You take care

LOve

toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Sturge :D
    nice to see you posting again. :wink:

I'm glad you're having a better result second time round.... and hope the positive effects last.

keep us posted.

Iris xx x:rudolf
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Keep us posted Sturge8, I've not heard of this before..

Marion