update on scan

grampyal
grampyal Member Posts: 81
edited 27. Oct 2010, 03:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Seen consultant about the CT scan on my "new" knee. He still seems baffled as to what is causing the problem. The emphasis seems to be shifting from the loss of bone to what other problems there could be. Thought he could see something which could indicate that the prosthesis has broken so now wants to "go in and have a look with a telescope". Isn't that the 3 foot long thing the sea captains had to look for pirates?.. I take it he means to make a small(I hope) hole and use a fibre optic or camera to see if there is a problem with the prosthesis. Will have to wait few weeks for appointment. Silly me didn't ask if it would be out patient or overnight stay. Will keep you all informed.
Al

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh no - that doesn't sound too good, grampyal. There was an article in the paper over the week end about faulty hip jonts made by Johnson and Johnson - do they do knees as well?! At least they are going to have a look, though I would have thought a problem like that would show on a scan, but then I am not a doc. Anyhoo, good luck with it and let us know how it turns out. Apart from this bother, are you OK in yourself? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Grampyal

Poor you :(

Have you a date for this? If you haven't when they get in touch it might say on the letter if you have to stay in and at the very least there will be a number so you can check.

I do hope the problem is solvable and that they do NOT use a pirate-type telescope 'me hearty' :wink:e030.gif

Love

Toni xx