MIGHT NOT BE AROUND MUCH

Options

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you to you all, were going to see an oncologist next week.
    Just taking it one day at a time.

Jules x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Jules
    Just to say I do know what you are going through right now.I have been there in the past, I do hope that everything goes well for your mum, and I will be thinking about you.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Jules

Thought I would give more hugss to you and your family.

You are a very close family and I know that you will be helping one another.

You know we are all here for you Jules to help in any way we can

Lovee Trish xxxx
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Jules,

Sorry to read about your mom i do hope everything works out well for her ((())) to you and your family.

Take care

Rose x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi Jules

Yes one day at a time is best for now. Will be thinking of you at the oncologists - then you will know what the plan is.

We are all still with you

Love

Toni xx
  • snowball
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice

My youngest son (18) doesn't show his emotions very well and has not spoke about what's happening with his grandma. Am I best leaving him and waiting till he comes to me or should I try to get him to talk about it.

Jules x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    hi Julie
    Dont force him, but keep talking about his Gran, and what will happen next with her treatment.
    I didnt do this with my sons, and they have since said they has wished we could have included them, instead of leaving them to wonder what was going on.
    Good Luck
    And I am thinking about you.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    snowball wrote:

My youngest son (18) doesn't show his emotions very well and has not spoke about what's happening with his grandma. Am I best leaving him and waiting till he comes to me or should I try to get him to talk about it.

Jules x

hi just tell him he can come to talk to you any time he wants and ask whatever he wants to but that he does not have to talk about anything that he does not want to tell him you will give him as much space as he needs
    val
  • valval
    Options
    julie we are here if you need us even if you just want to ramble and let it all out you can pm me. do not worry we will help you where we can, what ever it is you need we are here do not know how i would cope hugs val
    sorry it took me so long to get to this not been on much
    val
  • snowball
    Options
    Thank you, in the day I'm holding up ok, I know my dad wants me to say everything will be fine and my mum will be fine but I can't because we don't know yet. Its in the evening when the boys have gone to bed when I fall apart.

Jules x
  • valval
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    Thank you, in the day I'm holding up ok, I know my dad wants me to say everything will be fine and my mum will be fine but I can't because we don't know yet. Its in the evening when the boys have gone to bed when I fall apart.

Jules x

well you have us then do not think you have to cope on your own you do not
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    snowball wrote:

Jules x

Jules

When my dad was very ill my son would not talk about it at all. He did not want to know.
    I thtink it was his way of trying to stop things and hang on.

Jules just reassure him that you are there for him if he has anything he wants to ask.

He might find it easier to talk to your brothers being they are men or his brother.

Let him knw they are also there for him.

Can you ask your brothers to tell him that if he has any questions Or have a chat he can.

He could be in shock as well. It is a lot to take in isn't it?

Sending you more (((((((((()))))))) for all of you.

Love Trish xxxx
  • snowball
    Options
    My son is close to my youngest brother and he will probably talk to him. Trish that's just like him. I don't know what I would do without you all. ((((hugs)))) to you all.

Jules xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI JUlie

sounds like you are looking out for everyone else .... please remember to look out for yourself as well :wink:

I think the suggestion Trisher gave you is a good one for your son.
    In my experience (my brother is 4 years younger than me & struggled when my mum was ill) it is somehow easier for girls to talk about how they are feeling, and for boys to keep it hidden.

we were advised not to push things with him, but to give him lots of chances to talk and be open to listen when he wanted us to, but not to force anything.

if you get more concerned then your GP could also help out with other ideas.

hugs to you all (((((()))))))

WOnky
  • snowball
    Options
    I was supposed to be having my treatment on the 4th but have changed my appointment as I am going with my mum to have her biopsy. When we are back on line will let you know or will txt Trisher and she will let you know.

Jules xx
  • valval
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    I was supposed to be having my treatment on the 4th but have changed my appointment as I am going with my mum to have her biopsy. When we are back on line will let you know or will txt Trisher and she will let you know.

Jules xx

thanks you will be in our thought all day
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Jules

Just popped on to do catch up of your thread

Just so you know I am still thinking of you and your family.

JuliePF x
  • snowball
    Options
    Well found out today that mums oxygen levels are very low, but still can't have oxygen till test for carbon monoxide comes back. Well if its not back by the time my mum goes for the biopsy I will kick up a fuss. Its not nice seeing my mum struggle for breath.

Jules x
  • valval
    Options
    hi julie i do hope they can get your mum sorted sooner rather than later val
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Just calling in as I wasn't on much yesterday to wish you all well Jules.

Still rooting for her.

Love

toni xx
  • snowball
    Options
    Thank you, going to take my mum for her biopsy tomorrow and demand to know if she is getting rid of the carbon monoxide they wont give her the oxygen she needs till they blood test comes back. Well she had it done days ago and if the can get my blood tests back within an hour they can get my mums back. Don't like seeing her struggle for breath :?
    Will let you know how we get on, if I can't get on will send Trish a text and she will let you know.

Jules x
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Sending you (((((hugs))))) to get you through tomorrow Jules.
    I hope it goes well & your mum gets better soon.
    Thinking of you.
    luv debs xx
  • valval
    Options
    hi julie i do hope things are going ok for you hugs val
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Thanks for the update Jules

You keep up that attitude and fight for your Mum

Love

Toni xx
  • snowball
    Options
    Been to hospital with my mum and had her biopsy, now got to wait till next week.

Jules x