News at last

Options
beowolf
beowolf Member Posts: 88
edited 29. Oct 2010, 07:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

I 've posted before that I was waiting for news of my THR, and was getting frustrated because my pre-op was almost 6 wks ago. Well the good news is that I have a date at last ,Nov 19th :D:D:D

They have managed to get me a place at a different hospital, a private one, with a different consultant but I don't see that as a problem. Soooo excited, and not a little nervous, but it's great news :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Beo

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh Beo

you gotta get busy then :shock:

seriously I am so pleased for you - there is now light at the end of the tunnel :D

Love

Toni xx
  • beowolf
    Options
    Hi Toni,

believe me I have been truly busy..... Christmas shopping all done, online and all delivered :D:D:D:D sorted !!!!

thanks for your good wishes

love Beo
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am pleased for you: let's hope it heralds the beginning of 'Beowolf: the Better Years' - that is a book begging to be written! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • beowolf
    Options
    oh DD it is so funny that you should say that

I saw my doctor yesterday for a sick note, and he advised that with all the extra spare time I had, I should write poetry or a book :D

He sai d he would love to have something like that dedicated to him, and I promised to gie it a go.

Thanks to you I now have the title :D:D:D

love Beo

ps hope you're feeling ok, I know you suffer a lot :D
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Beo :D

wonderful news about your op date :!:

You certainly are well prepared.... I can't believe you've finished your Xmas shopping . :shock:

If you still have the itch for shopping.... and lots of time on your hands... then I've a List that I've not even started on yet... that you could have :lol::lol::lol:

(I know.... I've no shame. :oops: :lol: )

All joking aside, I am really pleased for you... private hospital? now that's what I call star treatment!

Iris xxx
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    edited 27. Oct 2010, 11:10
    Options
    You will not regret your hip op.I have been home 4 weeks on Friday I could never believe that I could ever feel this good again Two years of pain and misery have become a new life of hope and forward planning I am going to work for the canonisation of Doctor Gorge Montana who did my op.Beo Start making plans for your new life without pain 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Beo
    That's is really good news, over with for Christmas,I was wondering how you where getting on.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    That is excellent news. Not too long time to wait now and enough time to make preparations.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Beo
    I am really pleased that you have got your date. :DIt is the beginning of the next and more painfree chapter for you.
    And I am really jealous of you being so organised re Christmas!!! :wink:
    NB
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Beo.....thats great that you've at last got a date
    Its su frustrating not knowing!!!

Love
    Hileena
  • beowolf
    Options
    Many thanks to everyone for replying.....it makes my day to know that people care :D

I must admit that I'm not usually so well prepared for Christmas, but sat here on my computer and had it all delivered....I love internet shopping :D

I'm free for the next three weeks if anyone wants theirs done :D:D:D:D

love Beo

going into work now to tell them the good news and hand in my sick note :shock:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I am glad that you've got your date, hope it goes well and you get a new lease of life from it..
    It's a real ball ache waiting for these things, hospital appointments, injections etc etc...
    Like we're not suffering enough.. :lol:

And a private hospital too? Not bad, you'll probably have a flat screen tv and butler service, haha

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, That's really Good luck, I'm pleased for you. Love Sue
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi beo

Thats good news , I am glad the wait is nearly over for you.

Well done for being so organised.

Good luck for the 19th , You shou.ld be up and dancing at all them xmas parties then. :)

Take care JuliePF x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    beowolf wrote:
    Hi Toni,

believe me I have been truly busy..... Christmas shopping all done, online and all delivered :D:D:D:D sorted !!!!

thanks for your good wishes

love Beo

Woo- wooooo!! Look at you! :wink:

How many days will it take you to get mine done too :lol:

Serioulsy I am well-impressed

Love

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Beo,

What a difference a week makes. Good luck for the 19th. You sound as if you are going to be busy with your writing.

If you have come across any good ideas for Xmas presents for men please let me know. After 34 yrs I am running out of ideas. It doesn’t help that he inconsiderately has a birthday early January. :roll:

Lv, Ix
  • beowolf
    Options
    Thanks peeps,

can I just ask all the THR peeps, what sort of stage will I possibly be at by Christmas......will I be able to do much?

many thanks

love Beo
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    19th N ovemeber the op? 3 days in hospital {all going to plan}
    22nd November ...then 6 weeks {thats what I had ...think speedy was longer} of restrictions. 20th of Dec you will be 4 weeks into those restrictions.....still another 2 weeks to go of ....not bending, not putting on your socks etc, or your teds,
    I was walking around the house OK with no sticks then but 1 stick outside although I didnt go out much......not brilliant weather.
    Just ask questions.....not sure if I can remember much more LOL
    Love
    Hileena
  • beowolf
    Options
    Thanks Hileena,

that's great :D

it's given me some idea of what I will, and more likely won't ,be able to do come Christmas.

I will have to plan everything beforehand and organise the troops lol

love Beo