good day all

Options
tmcclymont
tmcclymont Member Posts: 6
edited 30. Oct 2010, 05:39 in Say Hello Archive
hi there all my name is tom , i have oa in both hands and wrists, i work as a fabrecator and tool maker , as you can imagen this is a very hands on job ,ive been off work now for 6 weeks and i dont know if i will be able to go back . is there any one out there in a simmular situation. any advice would be great.
thanks tom :oops:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, you poor thing. I can't help as I have the wrong sort of arthritis (and am also struggling with work) but there are many OAers around here - try posting on the working matters forum about the job aspect, somebody might reply with advice. Posting on Living with Arthritis may also yield some tips and hints on helping your hands. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Tom

A very warm welcome from me. Sorry I cannot help about hands I do have hand and finger problems but do not work. My hubby was a Toolmaker so I know how much you need your hands.

There are people on here who do have the same as you. One person I do know has problems with their computer atm.

Put some questions and you might be helped with people who have the type you have and maybe able to help you with meds.

Sorry cannot help further but just wanted to say hello

Trish xx
  • tmcclymont
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Hi Tom

A very warm welcome from me. Sorry I cannot help about hands I do have hand and finger problems but do not work. My hubby was a Toolmaker so I know how much you need your hands.

There are people on here who do have the same as you. One person I do know has problems with their computer atm.

Put some questions and you might be helped with people who have the type you have and maybe able to help you with meds.

Sorry cannot help further but just wanted to say hello

Trish xx

hi trish
    thanks for the message
    i have oa in the hands and wrists ,so at the mo im on cocodamol 15/500 x2 4 x a day that is kind of easing the pain , but if i do any mass usage the next day i want to cut them off........,ive had boath colabones broken as well as dilocated knee, and would rather have that than this.

thanks
    tom
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am glad the co-cos ease the pain, even if only for a short while. I tend to call them pain dullers rather than pain killers! I know that some people on the forums find a hot wax treatment very beneficial, it could be worth your while posting about that on the LWA forum and hopefully they will be able to tell you more about it. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Tom

Welcome to the forums from me.

I was wondering had you seen a surgeon at all incase there is surgery they could do?

It is terrible when it is your living being affected :(

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tom
    And welcome from me, there are quite a few people on here strugling with work, if you post on LWA you should get some answeres,
    I hope we see you posting more very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tmcclymont
    Options
    hi thanks to you all , my next appontment is on the 9 nov with the consaltants so we will see what thew say ....hahahahah..went to see the boss today ,i think he wants me to walk.. but put him of ,there is no way i will do that , but at the same time i must come arround to the fact that i will not be able to carry on .
    any coments ?

the drugs have spelling affects.........

tom
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's a difficult one. I have no idea about these things but perhaps the CAB will be up-to-date on employment law and retirement thro disability etc. That's all I can think of, sorry. It may be a good thing to ask your consultant about hot wax treatment, see what he can tell you about it. I wish you well. DD