hi

Options
mirabella
mirabella Member Posts: 272
edited 29. Oct 2010, 12:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
good evening everyone,it's been a beautifull day here in spencers wood,the Kites have been flying low as the farmers have been ploughing the fields,these birds are enormous,and we are so privilaged to have 6 pairs living in the trees around the fields.I have been trying to pot up violas,but as I do my german shepard has been following me and promptly taken the little plants out!!!! I think it's a jealousy thing! trouble is I can't run after her so goodness knows where they are,think she might have eaten them!so my pots will remain empty for the time being try again another day.Hope you all had a good day too.Mirabella

Comments

• daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi mirabella.
    my springer spaniel used to do that when i was weeding- he'd put them back :!: :roll: :D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi mirabella
    I was just looking at your post on the hello thread, I to am 60, and like you have OA sought of everywhere really.
    So I will say welcome from here, I am so glad you have had a good day, doesn't the sun make such a difference to the way we feel
    You have come to the right place, everyone are so supportive, when you are ready come and join us in chit chat.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Mirabella
    Welcome to the forum....and its true the sun does make such a difference.....not looking forward to winter at all.....next weekend the clock go back ugghhh!!!

Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Mirabella,

maybe he thinks he is helping? I have a degree of inters in gardening form horses and sheep and they said it helps..... though their pruning is so over the top! :wink: They don't seem to be as keen on weeds either..... they do like roses for sure! :lol: Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums. Cris x
  • alarkra
    alarkra Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Hi Mirebella,

What a lovely way to start a thread. Made me :D

I live in an area with Red Kites - when we moved here 15 years ago just 6 pairs had been introduced. Now you can often see swarms of up to 40 kites flying around in the thermals and swooping low over the house. It's a truly magnificent sight. Makes me feel privileged to see this on a daily basis, isn't nature just wonderful? 8)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi mirabella, nice to see you posting. I hope you are well today - when do you hope to start driving again? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    hi mirabella
    sorry ive only just noticed this thread and wanted to add my 'welcome' to the forum...
    couldn't find a better bunch of folk! hope you'll be happy here :D
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Mirabella and welcome, your dog sounds a right pickle. Glad you have been out enjoying the fresh air today ... even though your pots remain empty!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.