Hello from another Newbie!

Options
moodyblue
moodyblue Member Posts: 15
edited 28. Oct 2010, 17:46 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, my name is Jan and I have finally joined the forum after lurking around here for a few weeks.
I was diagnosed with RA 18 years ago, and retired from teaching because of it about 6 years ago. I also have secondary Sjogren's.
I recently started on Methotreate having been on both sulfasalazine and hydroxychloroquine for years. The MTX made me so ill, but advice I found in the forums has really helped.
I am now learning to inject it instead, and I feel SO MUCH BETTER! So I am joining you all on a positive note, but not sure how long it will last!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Moody blue

I am very pleased to meet you - welcome to the forums from me :)

I reckon you will be an asset to us and have as much to give us as we will have to give you.

If you have been lurking then you will know what a great site this is - hope you find it really helpful too.

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Jan
    And a very warm welcome from me, I am so glad the meds are working for you, you have come to the right place, everyone are so supportive and friendly.
    I hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Wanted to say hi and welcome. I'm on MTX too, but luckily I've had few problems with the tablets - just as well, as I'd sooner fly to the moon than inject myself! All you peeps who do are looked at with awe!

Hope to see you posting around the forums, pop into the cafe on Chit Chat for a cuppa and something naughty but nice.....cream cake is high on the menu.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi

A warm welcome from me too.

You have joined a very nice Forum plenty of informative help as well.

I'm waiting to try MXT as the meds I have been on I reacted to.

Well it is nice to have met you and look forward to seeing you around the Forums

Love Trish xxx