Options
2»

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Marion,

Glad the toe is a little better and hope they will remove the slither... don't sound very comfortable that :shock:

I hope you can get the mtx balance right.... Its not all its cracked up to be it seems though :roll: Kinda live in hope mind and sending some your way as well flower.

Oh the local and the liver... I don't get it... cus i do have huge amounts of it pumped into my shoulder and neck every 3 months and have done for sometime.... Maybe I should ask about it? Its so good to be without the pain mind I probably wont :lol::lol: Nicely wearing off in total just now or I have upset it :wink:

You take care and will be in your pocket if you need?

Oh fur chucks from molting or from 'disagreements'? ((( ))) and a bucket of hopes. Cris xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Its good that you've been, eyes are so important and so easy to damage. Speaking as someone who has always worn glasses and is blind as a bat without them, I always worry if my eyes itch or become red! Love Sue
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi marion, I hope all is well with you today, that your eye is comfortable and that the sliver is easily extracted tomorrow. Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pixie40
    pixie40 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, apologies if I repeat what someone else has said, but I worked with eyes for 12 years, and there is a condition called Iritis/Uveitis and it is related to arthritis, it is classed as an eye emergency, so any redness and pain should be seen as soon as poss at an eye hospital/ eye dept.
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Thanks Pixie40 -

I didn't know what the symptoms of uveitis/iritis were., so that's helpful.

I've actually been sorted out now as far as my eye is concerned (it was a cyst and calcium deposits under the eyelid causing the problems).

Best wishes

Marion x
  • marion1952
    Options
    Thanks everyone for thinking of me .. Thanks DD..

My eye is fine now..thank goodness..

However,

I have had the piece of nail removed from my big toe under local anaesthetic today and am now the (not) proud wearer of one of those black velcro sandals and have an even bigger bandage on my toe.. The velcro keeps coming undone so the sandal has been flapping around in the pouring rain, but my big bandaged toe has kept nice and dry because I've got a bright orange sainsbury's carrier bag covering it up ...

Anyway, the 'good' news is that the Podiatrist has said I will definitely need several toe nails removing before I go on anti-tnfs, otherwise I will just keep getting infections..

Hey ho..

Marion xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Marion,

Well an undercover fashion guru. You kept that secrete!! It had to be the day when the heavens opened. :roll:

Not good about having the nails removed though. I do hope your big toe is not throbbing too much. Hope the dogs don’t take a liking to the Velcro shoe. :shock:

Lv, Ix
  • marion1952
    Options
    Thanks Irene ..

Hope you are OK..

I've been wearing a very long skirt today, hoping that people won't notice the velcro sandal.. (who am I kidding??)

My toe is not hurting at all today so I think the infection has gone now, and one of my colleagues (who has had foot surgery) has lent me one of those special plastic things that completely covers your foot and grips the leg so that I will be able to have a shower and not get the bandage wet!

So, things are definitely looking up..

Marion x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It must be lovely to feel more comfortable - I am so glad you had that done. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    OOH Marion - more toenails being removed in the future :shock: :roll:

Same toe or different toe?

I can just picture you sporting your orange Sainsbury's bag and black velcro sandal ... you be careful you don't trip - why doesn't the velcro stay closed?

Good that your eye is better and most importantly that you finally have an appointment with the rheumy at last.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.