Wednesday

tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 29. Oct 2010, 12:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Wednesday morning we looked out to see a huge flock of very big birds circling overhead They turned out to be Griffon Vultures on their migration trip to Africa.Glad I didn't know they were vultures as they might have been looking for me.This is supposed to be one of the most healthy places in the world to live But 300 vultures Do they know something I don't???? :? :? :?

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    tonesp wrote:
    Wednesday morning we looked out to see a huge flock of very big birds circling overhead They turned out to be Griffon Vultures on their migration trip to Africa.Glad I didn't know they were vultures as they might have been looking for me.This is supposed to be one of the most healthy places in the world to live But 300 vultures Do they know something I don't???? :? :? :?

Wow, that must have been a cool sight though..?
    I know us Arthur sufferers might feel dead sometimes but I am sure you'll be safe from them, lol..

Where are you if you don't mind me asking? I would have loved to have seen them.

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Reminds me of that scary film 'the birds' remember that?

Love

toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    They have probably spotted your old hip, carelessly chucked aside on a hill somewhere. They are stripping it of flesh as I type! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Tone
    What a site that must have been, stay indoors in case they come back. :lol:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Wow :!: :!: 300 vultures over Spain :!: Quite a sight, but I'm glad they don't come here :!: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    tjt6768 wrote:
    tonesp wrote:

Wow, that must have been a cool sight though..?
    I know us Arthur sufferers might feel dead sometimes but I am sure you'll be safe from them, lol..

Where are you if you don't mind me asking? I would have loved to have seen them.
    We live in a little village called Hondon de los Frailes It is half way between Alicante and Murcia Our nearest towns are Albatera Aspe and Creviellente. We are nearly 2000 feet up .We have lived here for 7 years and this is the first time we have seen this happen

Tony
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    They have probably spotted your old hip, carelessly chucked aside on a hill somewhere. They are stripping it of flesh as I type! DD

wo :shock:
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    dreamdaisy wrote:

oh no I will have nightmares tonight now :lol:

all them birds would be scary but amazing. Would only like to see them as I was looking out of a window.

JuliePF x
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    I saw a sight like that once.......

It was over a desolate, barren, wasteland.......

It was Watford..........

ROb x

c060.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Sure it wasn't Slough? Come kindly bombs, etc etc etc DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben