Hello

chrissie1
chrissie1 Member Posts: 11
edited 23. Nov 2010, 08:50 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I have only just found this wonderful site. I was just typing in for any athritus help...
I dont know what to say really,and dont know if I am doing this as I should..
But Hello
from
Chrissie1

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    HI Chrissie & welcome to the forum (though I'm sorry you need help with arthritis)

This is a great place to chat with others with arthritis - assuming that you have arthritis yourself? I just wondered as some people do ask for help with other family members or friends.

If you have specific arthritis questions then the Living with Arthritis forum is the best one to ask them on.

Hope to see you posting again soon.
    Wonky
  • chrissie1
    Hello, Thankyou so much for the welcome,
    I was seeking any help or advice for myself..I hope I dont sound selfish..
    and I hope I get the hang of this ..
    Thanks again
    Chrissie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Well, you have made a good start, chrissie1, if you can find your way to this forum then you can navigate to LWA, Living with Arthritis, that is where the queries about meds and operations and side effects etc go. My background? I have PA (psoriatic arthritis) which is similar to RA but with the aded bonus of skin trouble. I started it in 1997 but wasn't accurately diagnosed until 9 years later. I am on quite a few meds but still continuing the steady, inexorable downhill slide which arthritis brings. Deep joy. Finding this site was a revelation for me, the support and friendship on here is second to none. I hope you are having as good a day as you can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chrissie1
    Hello DD
    Thankyou for being so welcoming to me,and sharing your story with me.I dont know where to start with mine.but to cut a very long story short,I have terrible trouble with my neck..it causes so many other problems..I also have trouble with my hip but they told me there is nothing wrong.
    Its a terrible thing when no one seems to believe you and that they think its all in your head.
    But one Dr a month ago said I have OA of the neck and thats it they cant do anything.
    I hope your day is not too bad for you, you are so kind.
    Thankyou
    Chrissie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear, OA of the neck does not sound good. GPs usually treat OA, unlike some other forms of arthritis it is not triggered by an over-active immune system (which is where rheumatologists become involved). This means that you should be offered pain relief and perhaps treatment with an anti-inflammatory drug. I know that that doesn't sound like much but I think that is about all they can do. Is your hip trouble similar in nature viz pain etc? Have you asked to have your hip Xrayed? Does the damp and cold aggravate matters? There was a thread on LWA recently about neck trouble, if you do a search something may well come up. I think quite a few people on here have had trouble with their necks from time to time.

The forums are pretty quiet today - they usually are on a week-end! I think if you post on LWA you stand a better chance of hearing from more people who have more information, not everyone looks at this forum. I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chrissie1
    Hi DD,
    thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me.I have over a period of time taken so many painkillers and other medication,nothing seems to help.I was refered to a pain clinic and advised to buy a tens machine but was told not to put it on the part of my neck I needed it as it would cause me to black out. The last visit I had to the Dr she gave me some morphine patches x5 the first day I felt a little sick and the others made no difference to my pain.
    I am now to nervous to go back,I feel like I am wasting their time..
    I will keep looking in on here,Thankyou for your suggestion of the other thread..your so kind and thoughtful.
    I hope your weekend has been comfortable,
    Thankyou again
    Chrissie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Chrissie
    And a very warm welcome, you will gets lots of information on this forum, and best of all you will get loads of support.
    I hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Chrissie

just a quick hello as l am sure l have already met you on LWA

l am so glad you have found us

Love

Toni xx