Easy Chocolate Fudge in Microwave

Options
Rainbow77
Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
edited 19. Nov 2010, 16:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All

I thought I would share this fantastic recipe with you. I have just tried it out at work and it worked really well. I just used value chocolate from supermarket - at 30p a bar and it was fine. So 1 batch would cost about £1 and makes about 24 average size pieces. You would add nuts and fruits etc.

I think it would be good to make as gifts if you want to make something special but is cheap, quick and easy.

Happy baking all

Fayann xx

This recipe for microwave fudge has a crumbly texture (like butter tablet), rather than a chewy one, and is much quicker and easier to make than traditional fudge.

100g (4oz) milk or plain chocolate, broken into pieces
100g (4oz) butter, melted (not low fat spread)
450g (1lb) icing sugar
45ml (3tbsp) milk
a few drops of vanilla or other flavouring essence (optional)

1. Place the chocolate into a glass heatproof bowl and heat on medium for 2-3 minutes. Stop the cooking time and stir every 30 seconds or so, until just melted.

2. Add the butter, icing sugar, essence and milk, mix well.

3. Heat on high for 3-4 minutes, take out of the microwave and beat well every minute.

The mixture and bowl will be very hot, so take care.

4. When the mixture starts to set around the edges of the bowl and becomes thicker, it's ready to pour into a greased, 20cm x 15cm (8" x 6") dish.

5. Allow to set for a few minutes before marking into squares using a knife, and leave to cool before removing from the tin.

6. Place in paper sweet cakes and keep in an airtight container for upto a week.

If you would like chocolate mint flavour, you would use a bar of mint aero!! Might try that. Fxxx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Fayann
    Thanks for sharing this with us,
    I am sure my Grandchildren will love it, cant wait to try it.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • wooly-monkey
    wooly-monkey Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Sounds wonderful but I'm trying to lose weight!
    Wooly
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    sounds lovely

have made a note and will give it a go sometime

thank you

Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Typing tricky - keyboard covered in drool. Some of my favourite words are in your title - easy, chocolate and fudge. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Me and ma step-daughter are also salivating at the thought - we have ALL the ingredients here Fayannn :D

hah DD will tell you how nice theye were tomorrow!!

Love

toni xx
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Yes, yes do try it. It is very easy and the children will be able to help. It only took about 1 and 1/2 hours to set so you wont have to wait long. If you make it with your favourite choc it will be yummy.

My sister just popped round and she tasted it and said it was lovely.

Let me know how it goes.

I think chocolate and tea, and lots of it, have got me through the last few weeks.

Fayann xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have a poster (yet to be displayed, somehow just not got around to it) that says 'Where there's tea there's hope'' So true. I may well give that recipe a bash next week - had the microwave eight or more years, used it - ooooooooooh - about ten times. If that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    Sounds good will give it a try. :) Mirabella
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    sounds great but the trouble is i would eat it all. I will have a go a the weekend and add some extra bits.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Get thee behind me Satan.Yey verily that is truly food of the Devil.They that consume it shall be condemned to Evans Outsize for all eternity :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: