Just seen this, no surprise though

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 18. Nov 2010, 18:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
White Britons 'a minority by 2066'

White British people will be a minority in their own country by 2066, a population expert claims
White British people will be a minority in their own country by 2066 if current immigration levels continue, a population expert has claimed.

Professor David Coleman, of Oxford University, said the demographic group would make up less than half the population in "little more" than 50 years.

He said the decline will be caused by record-breaking levels of immigration and the migration of thousands of British nationals abroad over the coming decades.

Prof Coleman made the comments as the Migration Advisory Board prepares to announce recommendations on the Government's proposed cap on migrant workers from outside the EU.

Writing in an article for Prospect magazine, Mr Coleman said: "Inflows (of migrants) of the last decade have been more sudden and on a bigger scale than ever before.

"The consequent increases in population and changes in its composition have caused concern about economic opportunities, housing, local character and national identity. Moreover, if inflows continue on a similar scale, they will transform the demography of this country."

The demographic analyst said projections by the Office for National Statistics show that rising numbers of immigrants, combined with trends in fertility and survival, will see Britain's population rise to 77 million by 2051 - the equivalent to adding the population of the Netherlands. He said the population would then rise to 85 million by 2083.

Referring to white British people becoming a minority, the population expert added: "The 50% benchmark has no special demographic significance, but it would have a considerable psychological and political impact.

"The transition to a 'majority minority' population, whenever it happens, would represent an enormous change to national identity - cultural, political, economic and religious.

"In Britain, judging by the opposition to high immigration reported in opinion polls over recent years, it seems likely that such developments would be unwelcome."

Well doesn't that just about sound right?

Tony
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• tjt6768
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We should never be a minority in our own Country.. :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Think we need to put a limit on immigration, especially at the minute.. Not saying stop it all together, but we only live on a small island after all!
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Then it needs to be reviewed, and we need to stop folk from Europe automatically being able to come over and claim money for familys that aren't even here.. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    White Britons 'a minority by 2066'

Writing in an article for Prospect magazine, Mr Coleman said: "Inflows (of migrants) of the last decade have been more sudden and on a bigger scale than ever before.

Tony

bet this includes my Dad eh?

and where would the country be with out ME???!!! :wink:

LOve

Toni xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Don`t know about the country Toni, but I don`t know where AC would be without you girl!

I was very young, but I do remember the Hungarian Uprising of 1956, which, I imagine, was what brought your dad here. This country, however, was in a very different place then, economically. The only people not working, it seemed to my young perception, were those not wanting to work........Ange.x.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I do hope I haven't upset anyone, certainly not my intention, I just think it's wrong and sad to end up a minority in your own country.. :D

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    I think that maybe Kevin Rudd,the Australian Prime Minister has the best idea on how to run his country on the immigation front.A very brave man for saying so to.Mirabella
  • whalewatcher
    whalewatcher Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Tony, you say it was not your intention to upset anyone but I am wondering what reaction you expected to get from your posting.
    People have been coming to this country for hundreds of years & we have welcomed them & benefitted from their skills & cultures
    This government has put a cap on 'non EU' immigration & businesses are already asking where they are going to get their skilled workers from. Our Social & Health Care services also rely on these workers.
    For myself, I live in inner London & I cannot imagine living without the wonderful diversity of my community. I am proud & happy to be part of it.

Val
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Tony, you say it was not your intention to upset anyone but I am wondering what reaction you expected to get from your posting.
    People have been coming to this country for hundreds of years & we have welcomed them & benefitted from their skills & cultures
    This government has put a cap on 'non EU' immigration & businesses are already asking where they are going to get their skilled workers from. Our Social & Health Care services also rely on these workers.
    For myself, I live in inner London & I cannot imagine living without the wonderful diversity of my community. I am proud & happy to be part of it.

Val

Well said Val.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Engineering just for the hell of it is a dangerous thing; too much of a mix can be a recipe for disaster, the multicultural loving lot should stop and think what the down sides of this kind of social mixing could well be, it’s odd how were told we aren’t allowed to say he or she is different to us we must accept them whatever their religion ethnicity etc but once they are here the very same people they say they are different to the rest of you so can do this or that but you can’t, it’s bound to upset people anyone that thinks it wont is a dreamer, numbers have to be controlled not for some kind of modern fascist with piggy eyes say’s hate em all but because there’s just not enough room on this rock for them all the land is finite.
    That said I for one don’t see skin colour at first glance as were all humans and it’s an odd fact but a true one that we all have a mix of genes so were all brothers and sisters on this one globe in the end, my view is that any person who is willing to come to this country and be part of my culture and in some cases fight for me and mine such as the Ghurkha’s then that’s fine by me the later never deserved to be treated the way they were it was an insult.
    That said I do see culture and I think this can be a bigger problem, integration is the key, it’s no good allowing other culture alien to ours to come here and set up on it’s own and not assimilate, encouraging this kind of thing will in time cause friction it’s a normal human trait to fear what we see as different, the down side is people burning poppies and shouting anti forces slogans at last weekends remembrance day at the cenotaph. It’s a bit ironic but the very culture they come from is in an extreme form a kind of religious alter fascism that doesn’t want anything other than to envelope and in the end destroy all cultures alien to it, it’s just how humans are, it’s been that way since the dark ages it’s just how it is, I also try and see it from the other side and I can understand why they think like they do but it doesn’t make me want to join them but I truly believe if you can see it from both side the threat becomes more understandably and can be dealt with more logically. But here is a threat alright and it’s real and it’s with us now and it’s morphing/evolving day by day, 9/11 7/7 are the direct result of it, ironically the situation we find ourselves in today has it’s roots firmly in the old Afghan soviet war, this very mess was caused by the US, but it also feeds on the past all the way back to the crusades, if you want me to elaborate I will if you want me to but back to the thread.
    But be warned if we all can’t get on so to speak then in time logic will go out the window and militancy and radicalism will take root in our culture as it has in there’s, and if it does your just as likely to end up with some terrible kind of malevolent evil getting it’s hands on the reigns of power then watch out, we’ve already had that to deal with and again fear is the key that opens the door to hate and worse the true dark side of man, but our leaders must also understand that change isn’t always a good thing stability or slow change is a much better way to go.
    Also our press must also be careful to try and not inflame things, the Daily mail and Express are good examples of how not to go about things but on the other hand the BBC is also desperate to make us all Islamaholics so to speak, today we are controlled by the 24 hour media who have axes to grind, they also proportionally invert threats real or not until you don’t know if you should fly due to the “terrorist” threat or because of cancer from cosmic rays?, in the end you’ll end up doing yoga each morning at 5 whilst eating handfuls of Statins and yoghurt in an attempt to dispel the worry of your garden being invaded by [TEXT DELETED] who as you have been told by some airhead in the daily Express that they will steal your lead roofing and your dog only to sell it back to you later and all before tea time, and it gets worse, while your answering the door to the distraction burglars who are [TEXT DELETED] you miss the news that your share in British aerospace(one of the biggest arms manufacturers in the world) have crashed leaving you in a tight spot, but hey they deal in arms so things will get better especially if the right wing nutter you like gets in as they will flog weapons to anyone who can pay in cold green, and who cares if it’s drenched with the blood of a thousand innocents that sort of thing can’t happen here as were decent

[This Post has been edited by a Moderator as it breaches the Forum's Terms & Conditions 3.2 use of defamatory language. Moderator IA].
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Topic reinstated - when quoting text please remember to quote the source and to keep the quote as brief as possible whilst allowing the meaning to come across. It is OK to post a link to any quoted text so any interested persons can read more if they wish.

Thanks

YEH

Posted at 19.06hrs 21/11