can't reduce steroids any more .....

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 21. Nov 2010, 18:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
because the nasty rash was being kept at bay by them and is now coming back :roll: :roll: I am sick of itching :roll: :roll:

so .... will have to stay on 5mg and hope that the leflunomide gets out of my system sooner rather than later :wink:

HOpefully I'll get some help from the Infliximab when I start it, but who knows :roll: it's always a waiting game with arthur meds, and it gets a bit trying at times. :roll: :roll:

hope you all have a good weekend
hugs
WOnky

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Oh flower that's the problem with these drugs they take time to get out the system......

I so hope it will soon and you stop feeling like you are just now.

Its all a waiting game but hopefully the Infliximab will work ell for you.

Leaving a bucket of anti-itch, some fortitude, some leflunomide get out potion and a slurp from the mud monster. (((()))) and so many hopes it will all get easier for you. Cris xxx
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Options
    Hi Wonky,
    It might be worth ringing the rheumatology team and telling them as there is a special wash out drug they can give you which gets rid of the leflunomide in about 3 days.

Sorry the rash has reared its ugly head again.

Scat.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi wonky

Sorry to hear about the blooming rash again.

I hope when the leflunomide is out of system it clears up

Good luck with your new meds, I hope they work for you

Will keep my fingers crossed.

Juliepf x
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hello Wonky, sorry to hear you are having problems again. Yes, I agree with you, the meds are very trying. I'm waiting for another assessment and dropping down steroids, which of course is flaring up my joints. Seems the hydroxy is out of my system though as the rash has gone but I was only on it for 3 weeks so not much to get rid of.

Are you getting bath stuff and cream from your doctor for the itching? I had itchy skin and use all that stuff now and it helps.
    xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Sorry you having a bad time there at the moment, and now the rash back too. :cry: Hope things settle down again for you soon. Just leaving some hugs. (((( ))))
    take care
    love
    Chris
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi Wonky, sorry you've got problems with arther and the meds!

It's such a sneaky devil, always turns round and bites where you least expect it.........hope the rash goes soon.

Love
    Annie
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Oh I'm so sorry you're having to cope with the itch again :roll: (did it ever disappear completely?)

This awful arther is hard enough to fight, and having the meds causing your system to react adds 'insult to injury'.

If the 5mg steroids keep it at bay, and rheummy is happy with that, then maybe reducing it will have to wait until after you see some benefits from the infliximab.

Fingers crossed the itch eases.... and of course that the anti tnf is effective for you. :D

(((hugs)))

Iris xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Wonky,
    I was hoping that the rash was well on its way out of your system by now. I am so disappointed for you.
    Can you go back to your Dr or speak to your rheumy nurse next week? Hope you have enough cream left to get through the weekend.
    Lv, Ix
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    scattered wrote:
    Hi Wonky,
    It might be worth ringing the rheumatology team and telling them as there is a special wash out drug they can give you which gets rid of the leflunomide in about 3 days.

Sorry the rash has reared its ugly head again.

Scat.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Thanks Scattered! no-one has mentioned that :shock: :shock: wich I had been so lucky!

believe me they do know about it in rheumatology ...... but all they did was get the dermatology lot to took at it. Once the reaction was diagnosed I started with all manner of lotions and potions to deal with the rash, plus the steroids.

Trouble is, the steroids don't do me much good mood& anxiety wise :roll: so we started to reduce them.

Not any more .... sticking at 5mg (unless the consultant says different when the rheumy nurse talks to him) and that is that .......... different places must react to things very differently :roll: or maybe it's because the rash was diagnosed as a 'mild skin reaction' ...... but then they don't have to live with the itching do they :roll: :roll: :roll:

forgive me for not replying to eveyone individually, but I do appreciate your replies.

feeling quite low with one thing and another just now, so not posting quite as much.

got a busy week this week, so might be a bit scarce :wink:

hugs to everyone
    WONky xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Feeling low and energy depleted goes with the territory we do understand that love, add to that an annoying rash and you have my sincere sympathy. Just leaving some hugs for you and hope you soon feel a little brighter. (((( )))) Rest up when you can.
    love
    Chris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thanks Chris :D

hugs right back to you (((((((()))))))))))

hope tomorrow is ok for you and not horrendously busy :wink:
    WOnky xxxx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Only just seen your post....

Just to say hope that things get sorted out for you soon.. you seem to have been struggling with this for ages now ...

keeping my fingers crossed for the infliximab for you..

take care

Marion x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    'And the understatement of the year award for 2010 goes to . . . Wonkylegs, for her 'it all gets a bit trying at times' remark!' (cue applause, whooops and cheers from AC members) Yes, wonky, it does all get a bit trying at times, and you are facing one of those times, yes? I hope that the steroid dose will be sufficient to keep the itching at bay but that it won't be high enough to disturb your equilibrium. It is a tricky tightrope to walk, that I do know. I wish you well and I hope the lef does disappear sooner rather than later. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    'And the understatement of the year award for 2010 goes to . . . Wonkylegs, for her 'it all gets a bit trying at times' remark!' (cue applause, whooops and cheers from AC members) Yes, wonky, it does all get a bit trying at times, and you are facing one of those times, yes? I hope that the steroid dose will be sufficient to keep the itching at bay but that it won't be high enough to disturb your equilibrium. It is a tricky tightrope to walk, that I do know. I wish you well and I hope the lef does disappear sooner rather than later. DD

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thanks for my best laugh of the day DD - and just when I needed it !

as for the tightrope walking .... we get good at it after a while don't we, with all these meds to try out :roll: but there are always the wobbles along the way, which never help.

thanks everyone for all the support ..... I'll get there ..... somehow, and with the support on here I know I can deal with most things so thaks folks :wink:

hugs
    WOnky