Re:I've created a monster!.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 20. Nov 2010, 19:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Flippin heck it’s true what they say that be careful what you do as it might come back to haunt you in the future, well my nemesis has arrived in the manifest form of my 14 nearly 15 year old daughter, ye Gods it’s like living with an aggressive dog that thinks it’s the alpha pack leader, I daren’t say a dam word or even breath do deeply in case it wakes up and violently bites me, tonight I am on the sofa as far as I can sit to one side and trying my hardest to not speak about anything or even think too loud!, a while back I just happened to say how crap a certain “boy band” were and they were!, and the next thing I knew was my right jugular was torn from my throat and I was then beaten with the wet end!.
I blame the schools, well that and BBC kids TV for polluting their minds by enforcing the misconception that they have more rights than me/us and that they are always right when they really know diddleysquat, Jesus years ago kids knew their place which was just above that of the dog on a good day, no wonder we lost the empire!

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    And they get worse...............

I got as plan.......... b025.gifn090.gif
    Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Mell, thank you for the laugh...I cracked up at your description!

As one who has brought up two daughters of my own and another small girl, all I can say is that I spent years with my lips tightly buttoned and one hand permanently gagging hubby! He didn't just open his mouth and put his foot in it, he went in boots and all right up to the neck!

I came to the conclusion that it wasn't what you say, it's how you say it.........but all mine left home before they were 18, so just live in hope!

Annie
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    o080.gif

oh the joys of teenager daughters :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    only had boys and they have not left yet :(:(:( thank goodness they past there teens
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Yip me to Mell....dont tell me it was JL....oops my 13 yr old granddaughter is not talking to me now :roll: :(
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Haha, I can laugh now, mine's moved to Wales, many many miles away :lol: No more Dad's taxi service for a start

Tony :mrgreen:n015.gif
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    How true!!!

but...It'll be al right mell. just wait and see :D

It's a true saying 'what goes around comes around'.

The day will come when your darling daughter will have a teenage daughter of her own to 'live with'... and who keeps on telling her mum that you are the coolest, most understanding person in the world. :wink:

My grandson Calum (15) constantly says to his mum that I'm the only person who understands him and treats him like a human being! sweet :mrgreen:

iris x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Pity the poor teachers who have to cope with whole classfuls of stroppy teenagers these days. I only tried it once, and that was more than enough for me. :shock: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Yuk teenages full stop and i have had four kids plus foster kids. They go through the shouting, why its only me or you always ask me stage which then leads onto the none speaking stage were they suddenly loose the ability to speak and can only answers questions with a grunt.
    Apparently itis all to do with the brain and its development.......i to think some schools have a lot to do with this and not having a firm hand on some of these little buggers. Youngest is 17 so is just starting to come out of the grunting stage. He is not a bad kid love him to bits.
    My daughter was completely different we had to threaten to take her door off because she kept stamping upstairs and then slamming her door. She did it so hard and often that she has cracked around the door frame. She also use to write some choice things about her father when he layed (which was not very often) down the law on the back of her door.
    My heart goes out to you only another 3/4 years to go if you are lucky. I would move out and come back when she has gone through it. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • coco67
    Options
    :lol: door slamming, i remember it well i did it well :? :lol:

i have 2 teenage girls , one of 14 & 1/2 and one just turned 16 so far we have escaped the door slamming but i think i may be being lead into a faulse sence of security :wink: and im sure it will arrive with a great big bang one day.

they are pretty good but when they deside its war then it is war :shock:

mel just remember you hold the trump card.......your wallet :lol:

coco xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi all glad you liked the post but honestly it was a right old fire work display last night!, she's gone out today so peace has been restored, back tonight though but hopefully no more hissy fits!.
    you darn't say a word it's some days!, she gets in turns on the lap top flicks on the TV and puts some AMerican crap on and when I walk in and ask her how her school day was I'm lucky to get a grunt, it's like she's de-evolving into a cave girl type thingy!, oh Rob guns don't work, she knows my necks had it so I can't shoot the bloody thing anyway!.
  • coco67
    Options
    Mell instead of the gun have you thought of using a cattle prod, ive concidered it my self when on united nations duty and trying to part my 2 when all out war begins. :? :wink:

coco xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    coco67 wrote:
    Mell instead of the gun have you thought of using a cattle prod, ive concidered it my self when on united nations duty and trying to part my 2 when all out war begins. :? :wink:

coco xx

Yep I think it would work fine I just can't find one on ebay!, just behind the ear so you don't leave a scar, how many volts though?, would you go for 30 or 50K??. :shock:
  • coco67
    Options
    if its a wild dog attack then it has to be th 50k no question.
    :wink::lol:

coco xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Just remember that we were all teenagers once. What were you like :?: I went through a very rebellious few years, and I'm sure that my parents must have despaired of me.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    So right Joan. I am horrified when I think back to what I was like. Thankfully I made amends with my Mum before she died so she got to see the mature, caring , loving and relaxed daughter I turned into. I am sure your daughter will be fine once the teen years have gone by Mell, especially when she wants you to pay for her uni fees.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    Feel so sorry for you guys with the teenage thing,lucky for me mine went through those years,reasonably peacefully.There were no laptops,no tv in the bedrooms,no I Pod's,no mobiles,a father that was never at home to upset them,NO DISRESPECT,to the fathers on this forum.My daughter,I enroled in an international youth club,at the age of 13,her father was not amused at all meant she was spending time with people that were different colour to him,oh! dear! was not allowed to bring home though,except when he wasn't there which was never,so he never knew!She got to around the world with this group,and it taught her respect for people and she is now at 39 a wonderfull woman.My darling son,well I got him into fishing,no saturday nights out in the pub,he was sat on a river bank,waiting for that big fish,and now lives in the usa,with his own 2 very small daughters.I feel he will have 10 times the problems with them as teenagers as god forbid what the world will be likein another 10yrs.Also they had and still have a crazy non coventional mother,would drag them round the fields at 2 in the morning with 2 german shepards just because it was a beautifull night.Oh! I so miss those days.Now my daughter wants me to move to Manchester,join the real world she says,my son wants me in America.I will as always decide my life! :) Mirabella
  • fester
    fester Member Posts: 98
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    and the next thing I knew was my right jugular was torn from my throat and I was then beaten with the wet end!.

Try using holy water and a cross, keeping yourself always armed with a hammer and stake. Maybe the result of her watching too many Twilight movies mate :lol:
    Always remember saying i thought Robert Pattinson (from Twilight movies for those not in the know or kept in a darkened cellar 24/7) looked a gormless chuff in front of my cousins 20 year old daughter. Yikes thought she was going change into a she-bitch werewolf the look she gave me before storming out and sulking in her bedroom. Days like that i thank goodness we've no kids :roll:
    Steve
  • mellman01
    Options
    Joan I thought you never grew out of that rebeliuos phase!?, fester good point but to late it's returned from a day palying horses and it's locked in the toilet, Hannah is followed around by the event horizon of a black hole, the very fabric of time seems to stop so she will surface around midnight as usual and grumpy as hell I bet, thing is I only have one jugular left!.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Joan I thought you never grew out of that rebellious phase!?[quote Mell

Too true :!: :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I was a right so and so.. I have five brothers and Mum says that I was the worst one... Went through the whole punk thing and the heavy metal thing, smoking drinking etc :shock:
    Got married at 19 though and did a lot of growing up, still very happily wed after 23 years.. :D
    I am really close to my folks now though... :D Luv em to bits.

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Ah, that's nice, Tony, but your poor Mum and Dad with six boys to bring up :shock: :shock: I bet there was never a dull moment in your house :!:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Ah, that's nice, Tony, but your poor Mum and Dad with six boys to bring up :shock: :shock: I bet there was never a dull moment in your house :!:
    Thankfully (If you know what I mean) two of them lived with my Dad, I call my step-dad who's with Mum now Dad as well as he more or less brought us up..
    So at ours there were ONLY four boys.. Lol
    I was still the worst one of them all though, according to Mum. I thought I was an angel :roll: :wink:

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP