Flu Jab Reaction

Options
breane
breane Member Posts: 392
edited 21. Nov 2010, 05:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,Had my flu jab a week ago today and within two days I went down with a really bad cold and sore chest and throat.Has anyone else had this happen after their jab?GP said it's not related to the flu jab so I may have gone down with it anyway but feeling really rotten today. Breane :(

Comments

• lucy145
    lucy145 Member Posts: 90
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi

sorry to hear you arent well, i had a flu jab and pneumonia jab 2wks ago and was fine after but i do know some people do get colds and sore throats afterwards,i find dr's always say that but it does happen quite a lot, hope you feel better soon

take care lucy x
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hi Breane,

I had my jab 2 weeks ago and came down with a cold the next day - lasted about 5 days.

Lois x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I didn't get a cold but I did get a mini flare plus my injections sites swelled up. The flare took about a month to settle down and it's the first time I've ever reacted. :roll:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Funny you should say that Linda, within hours of getting the jab my legs felt achey and my left knee's been quite painful since. Been 2 weeks now, and only today has the knee felt normal again?

It's the first time I've ever had the jab, so have nothing to compare it to.

Lois x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    wibberley wrote:
    Funny you should say that Linda, within hours of getting the jab my legs felt achey and my left knee's been quite painful since. Been 2 weeks now, and only today has the knee felt normal again?

It's the first time I've ever had the jab, so have nothing to compare it to.

Lois x

Hi Lois,

Glad it's not just me then.

I believe they put some of the swine flu vaccine in too as part of the mix, this year and I wondered if I reacted because I had the swine flu jab last year too.
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi breane

sorry you caught a cold after flu jab.

The only thing with me is that it really hurt where they stuck the needle. It was sore for a week as if bruised inside.

Juliepf x
  • Bookseverywhere
    Bookseverywhere Member Posts: 196
    Options
    I haven't had any reactions to my flu jab. However, I do know there are some people who do get reactions.

Best wishes,
    Kevin.