It don't get better

Options
grampyal
grampyal Member Posts: 81
edited 20. Nov 2010, 17:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I've had a cold for couple of weeks, nothing bad but with a tickly cough. This brought on a low down belly ache so yesterday I went to see doc. The amazing thing is that the waiting room was empty, so was the car park ( of course I'd parked in the public one and walked to docs) and I went in to time. Then things went down hill and doc tells me my pain is caused by a hernia. I'm now waiting for appointment to hosp re operation to repair it. Don't know how I've done it but could be lifting dog when she falls down or any of the other silly thing I do. So now I've got two appointments, one for "emergency" arthroscopy to find out why my new knee is not working and now this. Still doc did say that if pain is bad to rest, "and I mean bed rest" so all is not lost.
Al

Comments

• Chinup
    Chinup Member Posts: 68
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi grampyal
    I feel for you, I hope you get the right treatment, and rest up well. x :wink:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi grampyal
    I do feel for you, there are some horrible colds going around, so make sure you get that rest, has for your hernia, I do hope you get it treated very soon.
    You take care of yourself
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Bookseverywhere
    Bookseverywhere Member Posts: 196
    Options
    Grampyal, Do look after yourself. And is there anyone else who can do the lifting for you?

Best wishes,
    Kevin.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Al

Oh that hernia must be sore. :shock: so sorry you've got that to contend with as well as the arthroscopy. :roll:

time to call in help from willing friends, family etc.. especially with the dog lifting. :shock:

take care and do as ordered and rest!

Iris xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi al

Sorry things aren't so good at the moment.

Hope the hernia gets sorted soon, you must really hurt.

Try to rest and do not pick up anything heavy.

Take care juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Al, sorry to hear about your troubles, I really hope that your hernia is one that can be treated with medication and easily vanquished.. Also hope the arthroscopy goes well, I've had a few now on both knees, they're not the biggest bag of fun but can do a lot of good if you need a little clear-out of the knee etc.

All the best

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP