I know I shouldn't say this but.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 22. Nov 2010, 05:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
Oh I do love unbridled optimism based on pure BS and too much Merlot and nice French Cheese, boy things seem so much easier to judge when your 10 thousand miles away in a nice villa having 5 star silver service instead of eating out of a tin in a dusty feild full of bombs while you get mortar’s by a bunch of religious zealots who want nothing more than to cut ya head off with an old rusty Russian knife!.
As I’m sitting here listening to the UN discuss Afghanistan and it would be funny if all their words weren’t drenched in the blood of the innocent and those of the young brave soldiers we have sent to wander around the place looking for IED’s with their fragile bodies whilst they lament the lack of propper kit,(don't worry boy's the Commons has cut back as well you know, it's hell when you can't get all your food and utilities paid for by the tax payer as they use too)
The Afghan leader is going on about how much control he’s got when in reality he is only in charge of the palace in Kabul and that’s on a good day, but from what I hear from him the Taliban are on the ropes and about to give in, is this the same Taliban he helps deal heroin to the west then??.
All I will say is I really hope they are “on the ropes) as if we leave in 2014 the whole place will cave in with a lot of shouting and banging, trouble is they think it's a country, why don't they just use the word state as it's both at the same time, dear old Toni and George I do so miss them!.

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Did you get your inbox sorted?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    Options
    I don't know about me in box has anyone PM'd me??, Point taken Len but I just don't think it's going to be sorted we've had what 3 goes at it now and it's no closer to being sorted even after the Russians had a pop, damed thing is a lot of what's going on now is a direct cause of what messing the US did there during the Soviet Afghan war, Bin Laden was their man and the mess that is Pakistan is also blow back from the CIA's packed with Zire.
    And after the Russians were kicked out the US just up sticks and left no dearming no deprograming nothing, I have had a gut full of the so called free world ie the US causing world wide problems, it all went west around the time of Korea, haven't we had enough Cambodia's Vietnam's and Laos, there's enough bomb in Laos still now to have another war and it was dumped there by the yanks yet they refuse to pay for the clan up or offer any info into how to defuse any ordanance that turns up siteing security reasons, bloody typicle of them.
    If they just thought a bit more about things before unleashing the dogs then maybe less people would get bitten?. The real big mid mess* in all of this is they could have got Bin laden before 9/11 and sorted out the Taliban and it would have only cost them a few green backs, the old Afghan Northern alliance leader Mashar al masaood went to the US asking for help to sort it all out and said his part of the bargain was to sort out old loony Laden, but as usual they told him no talky talky, he also warned them there was an imminent attack planned on the US and if he died then he Bin Laden would come for them, he was blown up 3 weeks before 9/11 by suicide bombers act as reporters.
    I know that the Taliban are slightly backwards but I feel if they do what the US normally does ie cut and run then Pakistan will go shortly after as did Vietnam after Cambodia went west, it's a bloody mess and if it crosses the border then who knows what, bottom line is we can't afford to lose but all this talk of "handing over responsability" is so much US BS for getting the hell out as it's cost us to much money as useual.

*Changed as even with asterisks too obvious as a profanity and against house rules.

Moderator Z
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    I really cannot get my head round this Afgan :?: war at all,why are we there :?: The Taliban will win in the end anyway,there are too many of them,most of them are just bits of kids,lead by complete nutters,what are they trying to achieve :?: What is it they actually want :?: mirabella
  • mellman01
    Options
    Drugs and prostitution will always be around, not sure what to do with A class drugs but pot should have been decriminalised years ago same for the ladies of the night, it can't be stopped so rather than allow the gangs to profit the state should legalise it it would seriously reduce people smuggling and slavery here, stamping down on it only increases the profits the gangs make as those who have the money will just pay more for it.
    Holland ironically has the lowest drug addiction and sexually transmitted diseases rates in Europe while we have the highest so the proof is the US prohibiton model has failed, it doesn't work is never has i fact it gave us organised crime and we've been fighting it ever since and losing.
    And as for Afghanistan Blair argued that "going in" was also to do with Opium but in fact Heroin production has increased over 90%, the Taliban didn't tolerate it's production but now does as it needs money for weapons so it's just made things a lot worse.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Look out tumble weed!.